Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys,

I am in my mid 20s now and I basically have no friends. I know like 3-4 guys who I talk to occasionally. I probably meet these guys 2 times a year and prob talk to them on Whatsapp every month or so. Most of them are popular guys and are busy (other friends, work, partners etc..)

Problem is I am very shy. I try my best but people do not seem to like me very much. I went to university (a few years back) and from that I only met 2 people who aren't close and I talk to prob every 2 months via Facebook. One moved to Portugal the other moved back to Manchester.

My question is how can I make more friends? I feel it is unlikely as I am in my mid 20s and I missed many chances (sixth form, uni etc...)

I am not someone who demands 10+ friends I would just be happy with a a few even if it is 2 or 3 friends. I believe in quality rather than quantity.

join some community groups, I know they seem for old people but volunteers tend to be 20s and it's a good way to meet new people and hang out
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Voluteering is your best bet. Join youth groups like Scouts,Army cadets, Sea cadets and just help out. Go to places that you are intrested in and theres a high chance that someone else who is there will that the same intrests. Try talking to people and just be nice around people. Go to social events and classes that you find intresting.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.