Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I finally got my placement at Oxford: St. Stephen's House.

I have to say, I'm not sure what to think of it. I know that the majority of students are studying theology and that there is a -very- Christian environment there. I'm a non-religious person, and I'll be studying my MSc in Education; I know there are a decent number of PGCE students too, so that's cool, but I'm just not sure...

According to Wikipedia, there is only a total of 40 people in the entire House? So small...

And the email I received, it says: "St Stephen’s House is a hall of the University rather than a college which means that it has a distinctive character and history. Please go to our website to find out more about this. If you feel, having done this, that the Hall may not be the place for you, then please get in touch with us so that we can arrange for you to be put back in the pool of candidates."

And I'm honestly considering doing so, but I don't know.

Anyone currently in SSH or has experience with it, I'd love to talk to you and hear what your time has been like!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.