Time to wake up... Watch

BruceMcDade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
We are the dominant species on this planet. We're at the top of the food chain because of our superior intelligence. The development of the frontal cortex has given us the ability to form global social networks - to live and to learn from each other. It's given us the intellect to apply maths to understand the Universe and how everything works. To relate to one other and to understand our environment. We can self-reflect and dictate the fate of everything on this planet

Money is still the driving factor in every choice we make as a collective and it's not only killing all the other lifeforms that live on this planet, but it's killing us too

I think recently, probably largely down to David Attenbrough and his Blue Planet, that we're finally waking up to the realisation that something needs to be done, and it needs to be done now

I predict that, over the next 15 years or so, there's going to be a big power battle between those currently in charge (the conglomerates, the politicians, the law enforcements) and the general public (historically happy to believe what they read in the Sun and follow on like sheep to the slaughter). People are waking up. Governments as we've come to know them will dissolve and uprising will be on our hands

Money will lose its place and give way to panic as we finally realise that, if we reach that point of no return, money will give us nothing. The most ancient part of our brains, the amygdala, is only bothered about survival. The only thing keeping our brains at ease is the media and all the lies they feed us to keep the money rolling in

So let's all do something about it

I'm not talking revolution or anything drastic. It's the little things. It's about mindset.

Avoid buying plastic when you can, don't use petrol if you can avoid it.

Use your car when you need it but get the bus or train if you can. Next car you get, make it an electric one

I've done my research on this one and, the way we're going, we're all guna be ****ed in the next 50 years or so. People have spent the last 40 years saying 'it's ok, it won't happen in our lifetime' but those generations have gone and they've let us down. This will happen in our lifetime and, although we're all alright right now, it's very likely that our children or our grandchildren will spend their lives struggling to breath in a plastic-ridden, carbon-fueled atmosphere

No jobs because of all the artificial intelligence we've put in-place to do any automatable tasks

Struggling for money and struggling to survive. At war with each other because of governments that send us to war for money, spinning us lies, making us believe that muslims are the enemy when, in fact, we're just letting them blind us to the fact that we're just pawns in an evil game. Using the fear factor to make us believe we can't do this on our own

Terrorists attack us and we think '****ing hateful ***** killing innocent people for no reason'

In fact, they're ****ing hateful ***** killing innocent people because the people who rule us are ****ing hateful ***** who are killing innocent people in their countries

Time to stop listening boys. Stop listening to all the **** that surrounds us.

Very easy to give up hope but that's not who we are, is it? Humans have prevailed against all odds, time and time again. Why? Because we're resilient mother****ers. Because we stand together. Because we can see the bigger picture. These are things that have got us where we are. Losing touch of that now would be a big '**** you' to everything we've achieved til this point
LillyLisaa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have given up unnecessary spending for lent.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BruceMcDade)
We are the dominant species on this planet. We're at the top of the food chain because of our superior intelligence. The development of the frontal cortex has given us the ability to form global social networks - to live and to learn from each other. It's given us the intellect to apply maths to understand the Universe and how everything works. To relate to one other and to understand our environment. We can self-reflect and dictate the fate of everything on this planet

Money is still the driving factor in every choice we make as a collective and it's not only killing all the other lifeforms that live on this planet, but it's killing us too

I think recently, probably largely down to David Attenbrough and his Blue Planet, that we're finally waking up to the realisation that something needs to be done, and it needs to be done now

I predict that, over the next 15 years or so, there's going to be a big power battle between those currently in charge (the conglomerates, the politicians, the law enforcements) and the general public (historically happy to believe what they read in the Sun and follow on like sheep to the slaughter). People are waking up. Governments as we've come to know them will dissolve and uprising will be on our hands

Money will lose its place and give way to panic as we finally realise that, if we reach that point of no return, money will give us nothing. The most ancient part of our brains, the amygdala, is only bothered about survival. The only thing keeping our brains at ease is the media and all the lies they feed us to keep the money rolling in

So let's all do something about it

I'm not talking revolution or anything drastic. It's the little things. It's about mindset.

Avoid buying plastic when you can, don't use petrol if you can avoid it.

Use your car when you need it but get the bus or train if you can. Next car you get, make it an electric one

I've done my research on this one and, the way we're going, we're all guna be ****ed in the next 50 years or so. People have spent the last 40 years saying 'it's ok, it won't happen in our lifetime' but those generations have gone and they've let us down. This will happen in our lifetime and, although we're all alright right now, it's very likely that our children or our grandchildren will spend their lives struggling to breath in a plastic-ridden, carbon-fueled atmosphere

No jobs because of all the artificial intelligence we've put in-place to do any automatable tasks

Struggling for money and struggling to survive. At war with each other because of governments that send us to war for money, spinning us lies, making us believe that muslims are the enemy when, in fact, we're just letting them blind us to the fact that we're just pawns in an evil game. Using the fear factor to make us believe we can't do this on our own

Terrorists attack us and we think '****ing hateful ***** killing innocent people for no reason'

In fact, they're ****ing hateful ***** killing innocent people because the people who rule us are ****ing hateful ***** who are killing innocent people in their countries

Time to stop listening boys. Stop listening to all the **** that surrounds us.

Very easy to give up hope but that's not who we are, is it? Humans have prevailed against all odds, time and time again. Why? Because we're resilient mother****ers. Because we stand together. Because we can see the bigger picture. These are things that have got us where we are. Losing touch of that now would be a big '**** you' to everything we've achieved til this point
Hi, I've moved the thread to the Society section.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (613)
91.22%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (59)
8.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise