Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do about this uni class? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLibra)
    I am not entitled, you don't even know me, you just want praise because you doing this and have had no struggles. I am not the one needs to grow you are stop saying things on here that you wouldn't say in real life!
    lmao, is that how you talk to your grandparents? typical entitled millennial. my lectures start at 3pm and you don't see me complaining, do you? i don't like them starting that late but i still get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Your friends agree with you! Bloody hell - there's more than one of you that thinks the world revolves around them. I feel sorry for your tutors.
    Stop trying to look big and hard on this, I don't think the world revolves around me. I am a bright student and I have top grades, most feedback I have is a 2:1 score, piss off and stop posting to my questions, GET A LIFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    lmao, is that how you talk to your grandparents? typical entitled millennial. my lectures start at 3pm and you don't see me complaining, do you? i don't like them starting that late but i still get on with it.
    Well he was being horrible to me, and I have a right to stand up for myself. Its called Freedom Of Speech, I speak to my grandparents very nice thank you. Their not morons and as cheeky as you are..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't say comments to me on here that you won't say to me in real life. Students who I have talked to agree with me about this. One of my friends is actually talking to her personal tutor about it, so I think you're wrong. I know im not going to ask morons on here for advice again...lol
    The problem is that the timing is not ridiculous. Many unis offer classes 9-5, and some courses require you to attend solidly between those hours. So if you're only attending a class 2-5, you're actually doing well. You're not getting home late, and you're not having an early start the next morning.

Many people work 9-5. It's perfectly possible that in a few years, you'll get a job and so you'll be working those hours for a long time. You won't be able to complain to your boss and say that getting home at 6:30 is too late, because it really, really isn't.

The fact that you have now attacked everyone shows that it is your attitude that is at fault here. I realise that you don't want to believe that, because you think the world revolves around you. But when you grow up you'll be ashamed of yourself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My college is in the city takes me a bus and a train to get there, there and back. This class on a Monday starts at 2 and finishes at 5, and its late when I get back in around 6:30 pm and then I have to do it again the next day starting at 11. This is why I don't like the Monday class because the day is over then that just leaves a bit of the evening and then I have to go to bed to face the next day. Do you think I should just skip this class sometimes? Or tell the teacher I wanna go home earlier because of the travelling? Any suggestions?
    This is what the real world is like, it's not uncommon for people to commute an hour (there and back) everyday to their 9-5 job. Look at any rush hour train to London and you'll see how normal this is.

You also make it sound like this takes up your entire day. I used to work a bunch of 8 shifts, starting at 12 midday and finishing at 8pm. I'd leave home at 11:30am and get home at 8:30pm. I'd have dinner when I got in and by that time it was 9:30-10pm. I didn't particularly enjoy it but I didn't lose the entire day, I still had all the time from when I get up in the morning to when I leave for work. You have a 3 hour class. If you were to get up at 7am and go to bed at 10pm then you have from 7am until 12:30pm, then from 6:30pm when you get back until 10pm left in your day. I assumed a one and a half hour travel time each way since you said your class finishes at 5pm a you get home at 6:30pm. If that is correct then you also have three hours of commute time free.

Quite frankly I fail to see the problem. It's not a convenient time but nothing is stopping you living your life. My suggestion? Suck it up, there's nothing actually wrong here
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have top grades, most feedback I have is a 2:1 score
    "Top grades"
    "2:1"

Pick one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    The problem is that the timing is not ridiculous. Many unis offer classes 9-5, and some courses require you to attend solidly between those hours. So if you're only attending a class 2-5, you're actually doing well. You're not getting home late, and you're not having an early start the next morning.

Many people work 9-5. It's perfectly possible that in a few years, you'll get a job and so you'll be working those hours for a long time. You won't be able to complain to your boss and say that getting home at 6:30 is too late, because it really, really isn't.

The fact that you have now attacked everyone shows that it is your attitude that is at fault here. I realise that you don't want to believe that, because you think the world revolves around you. But when you grow up you'll be ashamed of yourself.
    No, you are all the one that has attacked me, I didn't start anything and all you give horrible answers. Ashamed? I am proud of myself, I have a right to stick up for myself, Freedom of Speech! And I am grown up. Stop posting on this then, do yourself a favour and p*ss off
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My college is in the city takes me a bus and a train to get there, there and back. This class on a Monday starts at 2 and finishes at 5, and its late when I get back in around 6:30 pm and then I have to do it again the next day starting at 11. This is why I don't like the Monday class because the day is over then that just leaves a bit of the evening and then I have to go to bed to face the next day. Do you think I should just skip this class sometimes? Or tell the teacher I wanna go home earlier because of the travelling? Any suggestions?
    And what happens when you graduate and manage to land a full-time 9am-5:30pm job, Monday to Friday?

Consider this introductory training for the realer world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    "Top grades"
    "2:1"

Pick one
    2:1 is a top grade.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    2:1 is a top grade, moron.
    Depends on a number of factors but I wouldn't call the 60% boundary (the general minimum you need to get a 2:1) anything to brag about. If anything a 2:1 is the bare minimum I'd expect average to good students to get. Top grades are strong Firsts. But of course it depends on the degree. Alas I don't see any reason for it to be relevant to the "problem" you outlined in the OP. If you reply to the other post I made we might be able to discuss this better.

ReputationRep:
    Stop trying to look big and hard on this, I don't think the world revolves around me. I am a bright student and I have top grades, most feedback I have is a 2:1 score, piss off and stop posting to my questions, GET A LIFE.
    You can't pick and choose who posts on here.
    Shut the door on your way out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Depends on a number of factors but I wouldn't call the 60% boundary (the general minimum you need to get a 2:1) anything to brag about. If anything a 2:1 is the bare minimum I'd expect average to good students to get. Top grades are strong Firsts. But of course it depends on the degree. Alas I don't see any reason for it to be relevant to the "problem" you outlined in the OP. If you reply to the other post I made we might be able to discuss this better.
    Well I am only in my first year and I still have time to get a 1:1
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Not if you opt out of lectures because they don't fit with your plans for the evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Depends on the uni also ...

ReputationRep:
    You should attend.

I have a 2-5pm class on Mondays as well. It follows another class 10am-1pm. I take 3 trains each way which means I leave the house before 8am and get back by around 7pm. I tend to have zero energy in the evening and crash by about 9pm because I've got to get up and go to class on Tuesday too. But it's the schedule so I follow it - as should you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kind of makes you getting 2:1s even less relevant. But at this point it's all totally irrelevant. I still fail to see what the problem is or why you made the thread.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Depends on the uni also ...
    Of course, there are plenty of factors. But since it wasn't relevant to the discussion I wasn't going to list out every potential factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Oh for heaven's sake what a snowflake you are.

I leave work at 6pm. It take me two hours to get home via tube and train. Then I am up next morning at 4.30am to get the train and tube back to work for 8am start. I do this four days a week
    geez change jobs, i dont even want to know how rich your making the tube... £200 a month... thats a stupid commute.. Or move closer to cross rail lol.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.