Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    What your opinion about the University of Surrey?
    It's a good one?
    It's hard to get into?

Thanks
    WiSi.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a good uni, I think it ranks 12th in the times league table. Not as if that’s important or anything. But it’s definitely one of those newer unis that’s had a big surge in popularity and has great job prospects (like Bath, Lancaster etc). The campus is also very nice (imo) and is in a great location, Guildford is perfect in the sense that it’s not too far from London but is far enough to have its own identity.

I’m pretty biased though so get some other opinions too and see it for yourself before making your own conclusions
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I heard that is not hard to be accepted there.
    Isn't it ?

ReputationRep:
    Not extremely difficult to get into, but its reputable. I wouldnt say its amazing, put it above a former polytechnic by quite a bit, right on par with say Liverpool in the Russell group.

ReputationRep:
    In my country the polytechnic is the most prestigious university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiSi)
    In my country the polytechnic is the most prestigious university.
    In the UK all unis since 1992 are called universities, people are just aware they used to be polytechnics and generally arent as high ranked and have lower entry requirements.

Its clear that in some countries, the best schools have the name polytechnic due to historical reasons, but you will notice these tend to be institutes of technology that really function as research universites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    In the UK all unis since 1992 are called universities, people are just aware they used to be polytechnics and generally arent as high ranked and have lower entry requirements.

Its clear that in some countries, the best schools have the name polytechnic due to historical reasons, but you will notice these tend to be institutes of technology that really function as research universites.
    Yes, are about engineering.

University open days

1. University of Surrey
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Surrey
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.