Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview for sheffield this morning for radiotherapy. Anyone already been and can tell me what kind of questions they ask? Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jessanna315)
    Hi I have an interview for sheffield this morning for radiotherapy. Anyone already been and can tell me what kind of questions they ask? Thank you
    They normally give you a very good description on the web page.

Just have covered the usual why that course, why Hallam, what do you have to contribute, what would make you good at the subject, what motivates you etc. You should already know this.

Its not really encourages to talk about specific points on specific interviews though as part of TSR policy.

Hallam reps are always helpful.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5054454
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi jessanna315

In another thread on our forum, someone asked a similar question which I had a student provide an answer:

"As with any NHS course, they want to know what you are like as a person. So my main advice would be to look at the entry requirements for the course - not just academic but personal qualities and skills required (this is on the main course page), and think about how you fit this. You'll likely have some sort of work experience that you've done - at interview they want to know what you got out of this and how it made you fit for this course, rather than just a list of what you've done. They want to see that you are a caring person, and that you can also understand the patient's perspective. Show that you have a desire to do radiotherapy as a career, thinking beyond just this course. Our prospective students website is very useful.

Angie"

Let me know how your selection event went aswell!

Reanne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Hi jessanna315

In another thread on our forum, someone asked a similar question which I had a student provide an answer:

"As with any NHS course, they want to know what you are like as a person. So my main advice would be to look at the entry requirements for the course - not just academic but personal qualities and skills required (this is on the main course page), and think about how you fit this. You'll likely have some sort of work experience that you've done - at interview they want to know what you got out of this and how it made you fit for this course, rather than just a list of what you've done. They want to see that you are a caring person, and that you can also understand the patient's perspective. Show that you have a desire to do radiotherapy as a career, thinking beyond just this course. Our prospective students website is very useful.

Angie"

Let me know how your selection event went aswell!

Reanne
    Hi Reanne. It went really well - was very relaxed and I actually enjoyed it. I received a conditional offer today so really pleased.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Reanne. It went really well - was very relaxed and I actually enjoyed it. I received a conditional offer today so really pleased.
    Wooo! That's great! :banana:
    Let me know if you need any information about the course!

If you need any information about the student life at Hallam - SHUGURU hallamstudents annablagg can answer for you!

Reanne

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! That's great! :banana:
    Let me know if you need any information about the course!

If you need any information about the student life at Hallam - SHUGURU hallamstudents annablagg can answer for you!

Reanne
    Thanks Reanne.

Do you know what days I will be in uni in the first year and times etc? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks Reanne.

Do you know what days I will be in uni in the first year and times etc? Thanks
    Hi jessanna315

I spoke to Angie as she is currently doing BSc Radiotherapy and here is her response:

At the moment, the timetable is split into blocks, so you have academic blocks where you are in university in Sheffield, then clinical blocks where you are in your allocated placement site. The blocks are repeated throughout the year, so roughly, you'll have an academic block when you start, then a short placement block before Christmas, then an academic block after Christmas, then clinical again. Each block is normally between 4 and 7 weeks, they vary. You are given your whole year's timetable before you start the course, so you can plan ahead!

I'll get in touch with an academic is you are wanting to know about MSc?

Let me know,

Reanne

ReputationRep:
    Hi jessanna315

I spoke to Angie as she is currently doing BSc Radiotherapy and here is her response:

At the moment, the timetable is split into blocks, so you have academic blocks where you are in university in Sheffield, then clinical blocks where you are in your allocated placement site. The blocks are repeated throughout the year, so roughly, you'll have an academic block when you start, then a short placement block before Christmas, then an academic block after Christmas, then clinical again. Each block is normally between 4 and 7 weeks, they vary. You are given your whole year's timetable before you start the course, so you can plan ahead!

I'll get in touch with an academic is you are wanting to know about MSc?

Let me know,

Reanne
    No I’ll be doing BSc thanks Reanne

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.