Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently heard that you can only submit one personal Statement, so is it not possible to have 4 applications to Dentistry and 1 to Biology?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hbskx)
    I recently heard that you can only submit one personal Statement, so is it not possible to have 4 applications to Dentistry and 1 to Biology?
    You have 4 applications to dentistry and one to another subject but the same statement is used and unis are aware of this. Focus on your dentistry application.

ReputationRep:
    You need to write your personal statement completely for dentistry if you hope to stand a chance of getting in. As mentioned above, universities know you have a backup option so take this into account. However, it may be worth emailing your biology uni to ask if they'd like a separate personal statement emailed into to them before you submit your application - this is what I did and they considered my back-up option personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for your reply

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    You need to write your personal statement completely for dentistry if you hope to stand a chance of getting in. As mentioned above, universities know you have a backup option so take this into account. However, it may be worth emailing your biology uni to ask if they'd like a separate personal statement emailed into to them before you submit your application - this is what I did and they considered my back-up option personal statement.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.