Turn on thread page Beta

Cleaning the inside of your windscreen watch

• Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Everything I try ends up with an annoying smear that I can see in certain light. Some suggestions I found online that didn't work

Window cleaner and a rag
    Window cleaner and newspaper
    Windscreen cleaning wipes (waste of £3)
    Dynamite

A squeegee doesn't work because of the shape of the windscreen - I need some interior windscreen wipers!

Does anyone have any tips?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Everything I try ends up with an annoying smear that I can see in certain light. Some suggestions I found online that didn't work

Window cleaner and a rag
    Dynamite

A squeegee doesn't work because of the shape of the windscreen - I need some interior windscreen wipers!

I've never actually had to clean the inside of my windscreen...

But someone on Piston heads said this:

Foam pad and some Autoglym glass cream cleaner. Nothing better, but less is more when using it!
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1294383
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Window cleaner and a rag
    Dynamite

Any decent glass cleaner with a clean microfiber cloth (I use Autoglym Fast Glass).

ReputationRep:

Window cleaner and a rag
    Dynamite

i've had exactly the same problem. neither the microfibre cloth, the windscreen wet wipes nor the spray worked, everyone kept the smudge.

however i have noticed my computer screen wet wipes do an excellent job of cleaning my laptop without any smudge so i am going to try that when i get round to it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.