Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I started doing my chemistry project on the effect of temperature on buffering capacity. I added a pH 7 buffer to distilled water and titrated it with NaOH. I then measured the amount of NaOH taken to increase the pH of the water by a unit of 1. I tried this for temperatures between 5 and 80 degrees but there was no significant difference between the data obtained.*This there any notable fault in my methodology?I have to finish gathering data within one week. Since I was going to discuss the effect of temperature on the equilibria*of the buffer solution, I am in the process of finding another experiment in the same subject area.*If you have any suitable ideas or any improvements for my previous method, please let me know.Thank you*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.