Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hey, what are your questions? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hey, what are your questions? :woo:
    Hey! Thanks for answering ☺️ I was wondering if maybe you could tell me how much you need to live in St Andrews per week or month, how expensive the books are, etc. I read that St Andrews is almost as expensive as London, is it true?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Rits21)
    Hey! Thanks for answering ☺️ I was wondering if maybe you could tell me how much you need to live in St Andrews per week or month, how expensive the books are, etc. I read that St Andrews is almost as expensive as London, is it true?
    Yes, St Andrews is really expensive - are you thinking of staying in uni halls?

If you're looking for private accomodation definitely start early. A quick glance on Gumtree suggests you'll be looking at around £500 per month + bills for a room in a shared hosue. I did my masters there but as a mature student - I decided to live in Dundee to save money.

Books are going to depend on your course/be the same price as anywhere else You can get cheap books online :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rits21)
    most books will be available in the Library or you can buy them second hand. Accommodation in the inner part of the town (i.e. off Market Steet) you are looking around 500pm, in the more suburban parts of the town (15 min walk to the centre) you are looking around 350pm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.