Hey, what are your questions? :woo:
username3464636
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hey, what are your questions? :woo:
Hey! Thanks for answering ☺️ I was wondering if maybe you could tell me how much you need to live in St Andrews per week or month, how expensive the books are, etc. I read that St Andrews is almost as expensive as London, is it true?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rits21)
Hey! Thanks for answering ☺️ I was wondering if maybe you could tell me how much you need to live in St Andrews per week or month, how expensive the books are, etc. I read that St Andrews is almost as expensive as London, is it true?
Yes, St Andrews is really expensive - are you thinking of staying in uni halls?

If you're looking for private accomodation definitely start early. A quick glance on Gumtree suggests you'll be looking at around £500 per month + bills for a room in a shared hosue. I did my masters there but as a mature student - I decided to live in Dundee to save money.

Books are going to depend on your course/be the same price as anywhere else You can get cheap books online :yy:
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rits21)
most books will be available in the Library or you can buy them second hand. Accommodation in the inner part of the town (i.e. off Market Steet) you are looking around 500pm, in the more suburban parts of the town (15 min walk to the centre) you are looking around 350pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads