Turn on thread page Beta

I'm just looking for some advice... im in seconary school and im 17. There is this guy teacher who i cant lie is drop dead gorgeous! And i love everything about him, to his looks, personality, style etc... but i am at the point where i feel this is more than just a stupid highschool crush and that i may actually be obsessed with the guy. I try to see him as much as possible in school wither that being making sure i dont miss his class or i make up an excuse to go see him when he isnt teaching or just simply making sure i walk past him in the corridor... although, to make things worse he is the nicest guy ever and he is always willing to have a chat with me about making sure im doing what im supposed to be and not getting myself into trouble etc... he is aware that i have been through some tough times and is always making sure im okay and things. As well as making it clear he has "a wee soft spot" for me as well. But now im at the point where its not just at school i think about him, at home he is constantly on my mind and has even been in my dreams... we live in towns not too far apart and i have even seen him out and about a few times.
    Imjust scared that this isnt just a typical teenage highschool crush and its gone too far... any advide would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    My advice to you is steer clear. You are likely mistaken about the teacher/pupil relationship. Any good teacher will want the best for their students, and as you've had some difficult times, he is just ensuring that you are doing OK. His 'persona' at school will be different from the one he has outside school.

probably is just a teacher looking out for a student! dont do anything youre going to regret as it will likely mess up his career aswell
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I've had a couple of crushes on teachers and I know how easy it is to idolize them. Whilst I haven't been able to stop having crushes on them, I have them under some kind of control. I try not to see my current crush as much as possible, not walking by her classroom or making excuses to see her. My 1st teacher crush moved away, but I still see her sometimes. I know its difficult to stop seeing them altogether, especially when you're at the same school, but by limiting it and trying to focus on other things like friends, other crushes or study like I did, I've found it helped. (18 F)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just looking for some advice... im in seconary school and im 17. There is this guy teacher who i cant lie is drop dead gorgeous! And i love everything about him, to his looks, personality, style etc... but i am at the point where i feel this is more than just a stupid highschool crush and that i may actually be obsessed with the guy. I try to see him as much as possible in school wither that being making sure i dont miss his class or i make up an excuse to go see him when he isnt teaching or just simply making sure i walk past him in the corridor... although, to make things worse he is the nicest guy ever and he is always willing to have a chat with me about making sure im doing what im supposed to be and not getting myself into trouble etc... he is aware that i have been through some tough times and is always making sure im okay and things. As well as making it clear he has "a wee soft spot" for me as well. But now im at the point where its not just at school i think about him, at home he is constantly on my mind and has even been in my dreams... we live in towns not too far apart and i have even seen him out and about a few times.
    Imjust scared that this isnt just a typical teenage highschool crush and its gone too far... any advide would be greatly appreciated!
    All I can say is at this point, definitely don’t make a move. You’re 17 which is underage thus illegal to date this guy- and would get him into serious trouble among other things. Also, relationships within school is not a good choice as the school itself would be opposed and it isn’t practical. Wait until you’re out of school, and then either you won’t be around him as much and you won’t have to deal with these feelings as often, or you can choose to make a move if you see him in the street or whatever- all that is really up to you after you’re 18 really. If he says no then there’s nothing moreyou can do and if he says yes well then there ya go. Just advising you to wait a few years

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from him as much as you can, even if it gets to the point where you're actively avoiding him outside of class. He hasn't done anything to show that he's interested in you anymore than as a teacher/student relationship so there wouldn't be a logical reason for you to try and pursue anything anyway.

ReputationRep:

Just to say that this isn't appropriate and can cause the teacher into a lot of trouble, I would advise you to become more distant and forget him as you can't have him.
    Good luck.

Thank you!
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    My advice to you is steer clear. You are likely mistaken about the teacher/pupil relationship. Any good teacher will want the best for their students, and as you've had some difficult times, he is just ensuring that you are doing OK. His 'persona' at school will be different from the one he has outside school.

Thank you! No i would never do anything to put his career at risk!!
    probably is just a teacher looking out for a student! dont do anything youre going to regret as it will likely mess up his career aswell

Thank you so much!
    I've had a couple of crushes on teachers and I know how easy it is to idolize them. Whilst I haven't been able to stop having crushes on them, I have them under some kind of control. I try not to see my current crush as much as possible, not walking by her classroom or making excuses to see her. My 1st teacher crush moved away, but I still see her sometimes. I know its difficult to stop seeing them altogether, especially when you're at the same school, but by limiting it and trying to focus on other things like friends, other crushes or study like I did, I've found it helped. (18 F)

Thank you so much! But nah, i would never dream of making any sort of move on him - putting his carrer at risk, just its a lot of strong feelings that i guess im nit used too, i guess its like that sort of dominant male figure in my life that ive not really had if that makes sense... but no would never try anything!
    (Original post by geometric)
    All I can say is at this point, definitely don’t make a move. You’re 17 which is underage thus illegal to date this guy- and would get him into serious trouble among other things. Also, relationships within school is not a good choice as the school itself would be opposed and it isn’t practical. Wait until you’re out of school, and then either you won’t be around him as much and you won’t have to deal with these feelings as often, or you can choose to make a move if you see him in the street or whatever- all that is really up to you after you’re 18 really. If he says no then there’s nothing moreyou can do and if he says yes well then there ya go. Just advising you to wait a few years

Nah i would never try to pursue anything with him! Thank you!
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Stay away from him as much as you can, even if it gets to the point where you're actively avoiding him outside of class. He hasn't done anything to show that he's interested in you anymore than as a teacher/student relationship so there wouldn't be a logical reason for you to try and pursue anything anyway.

Nah i know, and would never ever try anything or want to put him at risk just enjoy his conpany but would never try anything more than that!
    (Original post by Mya_oty)
    Just to say that this isn't appropriate and can cause the teacher into a lot of trouble, I would advise you to become more distant and forget him as you can't have him.
    Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.