Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m writing this to ask for any advice possible on taking gcses. I have recently done my mocks and the results were not as great as expected - let’s just say I wouldn’t of got into the college I wanted as I need 44 points at least. I didn’t pass maths, geography or chemistry. Chemistry has always been a tough subject for me and I just can’t find a way to understand it. I just need some advice and tips on how to remember quotes from poems and how to understand chemistry, and if anyone wants to be a buddy and help me along the journey please feel free to ask for my Snapchat!! X x thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

try to make chemistry as a story bored for each section of thing you need to know, even if it doesn't help you understand it it will help you remember as for memorising quotes and things I use to do this thing where id ask myself a question write everything I could remeber down and then check what a missed and go away for 10 to 15 minutes do something else, come back and do the same thing. keep doing this and over him you'll build up a good memory of the quotes and what questions they can link to
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

My GCSE mocks went a lot worse than my actual exams, so first thing is don't worry too much about your results because the school will be trying to give you harder exams to make sure you don't slack off in the next few months. I used mygcsescience for my sciences and that really helped me. You do have to pay for it but I found it was worth it because he goes through the topics really thoroughly and provides exam questions so you can test your knowledge. Also if you take notes during his videos you're more likely to remember the information. For poetry quotes you could try writing them on flashcards, teaching them to yourself (by recording yourself and then listening back), teaching them to other people and then having them test you? I did a combination of those things. Hope this helps.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.