The Student Room Group

Grades required for a placement year?

I'm in the first year of a Computer Science degree, just wanted to know if securing a IT or Computing-related placement with my grades is achievable.

Please be realistic. I honestly have no idea when it comes to things like this.

Module 1 : 85%
Module 2 : 81.1%
Module 3 : 70%
Module 4 : 76.65%

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Spratty
I'm in the first year of a Computer Science degree, just wanted to know if securing a IT or Computing-related placement with my grades is achievable.

Please be realistic.

Module 1 : 85%
Module 2 : 81.1%
Module 3 : 70%
Module 4 : 76.65%

Pat. Pat. Pat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot

???
Original post by Spratty
???

You have nothing below a First. I assumed you wanted a pat on the back... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
You have nothing below a First. I assumed you wanted a pat on the back... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh haha thanks. I put in double the effort over exam season.
How is it like studying computer science in uni ?? Does it involve a lot of maths ??
Original post by ajayisa13
How is it like studying computer science in uni ?? Does it involve a lot of maths ??

Depends entirely on the university. Some degrees have a laughably TINY amount of maths (to the point where it should be called an IT degree) and some have LOADS of it.

Check the prospectus of individual universities and see what modules are on offer :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ajayisa13

Depends on the course really. Courses like mine have a respectable amount of maths content. I had an entire module dedicated to maths.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Depends entirely on the university. Some degrees have a laughably TINY amount of maths (to the point where it should be called an IT degree) and some have LOADS of it.

Check the prospectus of individual universities and see what modules are on offer :smile:

Aha I see ! Thank you ! I do it for alevels but I don’t do maths. I’ve gotten offers from Newcastle and Liverpool but their modules don’t look like it involves too much maths in it
Reply 9
Can someone answer my question?
Original post by Spratty
Can someone answer my question?

Your grades are fine.

If you have strong technical/programming skills alongside those marks you definitely have a good chance of getting a placement/internship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending