Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm looking for someone who wants to get some experience in caring/nursing. I have an elderly relative who needs part time care and companionship a few hours of every working day. He is in the Chelmsford area and would welcome a phone call to discuss his needs. Live in option is also available if you're looking for affordable accommodation. Please let me know if you'd like to discuss further. It would be a great volunteering/caring opportunity!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Marilyncroft)
    Hi guys, I'm looking for someone who wants to get some experience in caring/nursing. I have an elderly relative who needs part time care and companionship a few hours of every working day. He is in the Chelmsford area and would welcome a phone call to discuss his needs. Live in option is also available if you're looking for affordable accommodation. Please let me know if you'd like to discuss further. It would be a great volunteering/caring opportunity!
    If your grandfather needs care why are you not able to pay. The local authority should be covering the costs or explain the contribution he should be making to his care.

The liability implications of having someone unpaid do this are not great.

And charging someone accommodation to be a live in carer is very dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If your grandfather needs care why are you not able to pay. The local authority should be covering the costs or explain the contribution he should be making to his care.

The liability implications of having someone unpaid do this are not great.

And charging someone accommodation to be a live in carer is very dodgy.
    In response to your note I did not say I would not pay. I cannot afford the £600 a week charged by agencies hence appealing to the student community. There is an initiative which was broadcast on tv to spend time with the elderly or move in and provide the companionship they need whilst you attend uni and live rent free hence me posting on here. If this is not something you'e interested in thats fair enough, but please don't call it dodgy witout fully understanding the request. My grandad is 94 and as I work full time I cannot be with him every hour of every day. Not sure what's dodgy about offering a student a chance to engage with the elderly a few hours a day for experience and pay on a part time or live in basis?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.