Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does the dumper ever try and make the dumpee jealous? watch

Announcements

Or are they just insensitive d*cks?

Basically my ex broke up with me a couple years ago because he was moving away for a year. I thought things might end just because I didn't know if we'd manage long distance because we hadn't been together that long. But the day he broke up with me it felt so out of the blue and I was heartbroken.

Shortly after the break up there's an instagram of him looking cosy with one of his female friends (don't know if they had history) and snapchat stories of her as well. Doesn't regularly do snapchat stories either.

Fast forward a few months of no contact and then I get a notification on instagram saying he posted a pic (stupid automatic notification because it had been months). I was curious and saw it was a picture of him with a female friend of his and it was a romantic looking picture of them hugging and him kissing her in the cheek. Far more romantic then any of the pictures he uploaded of us. Bit of a kick in the teeth. Turns out they weren't dating but I don't know if they were kissing buddies.

Couple months later he uploads a another picture of him hugging up a girl, looking very sweet and romantic. Again nothing like the pictures he used to upload. Never used to upload pictures with girls.

So yeah all these pictures were very unlike him and kind of insensitive I thought. He's selective with his instagram pictures as well, it's not like he uploads all the time. I thought it was kind of like the behaviour of a dumpee where they try and make the dumper jealous. But there was no logical reason to since he broke up with me.

Turns out he apparently still had feelings for me while he was away and missed me and he asked to meet up for a drink. I didn't want to get messed around so I said no. If he hadn't uploaded those pictures I'd be more inclined to.

What do you think? Do you think he's just a d*ck who was getting cosy with a lot of girls and posting about it, do you think he was trying to prove to me and everyone else that he had moved on and he was all fine. And that he can do better than me.

I have another ex that I broke things off with and I would never dream of doing those things. I'd be very respectful, especially if I still had feelings.
    Which is why I think maybe he's (the other ex that dumped me) just being greedy and doesn't really miss and like me. Was I right to turn down the drink?

tl;dr - ex posting pictures of him getting cosy with girls. very out of character (rarely posts instagrams and never with girls). then I find out he still has feelings for me and misses me. what were those pictures about then? seemed like he was moving on just fine.

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience with an ex coming on to a close colleague after and to be honest I don't think she was that interested in him. Only consolation was that he rejected her. Must be a thing, I've no idea why. Not very nice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sounds like he knows you still like him and wants to hurt your feelings OP. Not sure if it means he still likes you, could just hate you instead.

(Original post by The Night King)
    Sounds like he knows you still like him and wants to hurt your feelings OP. Not sure if it means he still likes you, could just hate you instead.
    Yeah I wasn't giving him enough attention towards the end of the relationship because I had a lot of stuff going on.
    I guess maybe it was kind of "you snooze you lose, look how quickly I can move on" from him.
    He has stopped all of the photo posting now so maybe it was just a phase of dislike and retaliation because I wasn't being as generous with my time towards the end of relationship. Takes two to tango, I'm no perfect girlfriend.
    I also didn't really react to the break up. I was kind of indifferent but that was more cause I was shocked and it didn't feel real. Was very heartbroken when it did sink in later on.
    But yeah I do still like him, I'm just trying not to. Don't want to get hurt by him again.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I wasn't giving him enough attention towards the end of the relationship because I had a lot of stuff going on.
    I guess maybe it was kind of "you snooze you lose, look how quickly I can move on" from him.
    He has stopped all of the photo posting now so maybe it was just a phase of dislike and retaliation because I wasn't being as generous with my time towards the end of relationship. Takes two to tango, I'm no perfect girlfriend.
    I also didn't really react to the break up. I was kind of indifferent but that was more cause I was shocked and it didn't feel real. Was very heartbroken when it did sink in later on.
    But yeah I do still like him, I'm just trying not to. Don't want to get hurt by him again.
    Ignore him, if he tries to contact you. I know it won’t be easy but it will be worth it. You deserve better.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.