Turn on thread page Beta

Hi I’m currently in yr 11 (doing GCSEs) and I’m planning on doing law psychology and maths for a level, but I’m just wondering whether I’m suited for a degree in law or not. Because I hate politics and I’m not that interested in it at all. But I am interested in law... any advise? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    A law degree is a-political. You don't need to have a political interest to have an opinion about the law of contract.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Probably an advantage..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi I’m currently in yr 11 (doing GCSEs) and I’m planning on doing law psychology and maths for a level, but I’m just wondering whether I’m suited for a degree in law or not. Because I hate politics and I’m not that interested in it at all. But I am interested in law... any advise? Thanks!!
    Honestly, to be good at law you need to be good at abstract reasoning. Are you comfortable with learning and understanding vague, seemingly trivial ideas and distinctions about bits of the law you never thought you'd be interested in?

I've chosen to study modules (and topics) which are highly normative in nature (i.e. they're more about the big ideas than the nitty gritty of the case law), and I've rarely encountered any political stuff. There is more philosophy than I expected, but there's no assumed knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    Honestly, to be good at law you need to be good at abstract reasoning. Are you comfortable with learning and understanding vague, seemingly trivial ideas and distinctions about bits of the law you never thought you'd be interested in?

I've chosen to study modules (and topics) which are highly normative in nature (i.e. they're more about the big ideas than the nitty gritty of the case law), and I've rarely encountered any political stuff. There is more philosophy than I expected, but there's no assumed knowledge.
    Oh ok thank you I’m just scared for the interviews
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.