Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so last year I had an iPhone 6s and it stopped working so I desperately needed a new phone and only had a month left on my contract so just paid it off. the iPhone 8 had just come out so I thought I'd buy that as the X would be too expensive, same with the 8 plus. I really don't like this phone, it's hardly any different from the iPhone 6s I had and the camera is terrible. I love the portrait mode on the plus phones so I was thinking of selling this phone and maybe buying a 7 plus as I can get it for a couple hundred quid? is that a good idea or is it a huge downgrade? I'd get the 8 plus but they're still really expensive on eBay and stuff (about £700) I feel weird buying an older model and was wondering whether this is a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyfloss)
    so last year I had an iPhone 6s and it stopped working so I desperately needed a new phone and only had a month left on my contract so just paid it off. the iPhone 8 had just come out so I thought I'd buy that as the X would be too expensive, same with the 8 plus. I really don't like this phone, it's hardly any different from the iPhone 6s I had and the camera is terrible. I love the portrait mode on the plus phones so I was thinking of selling this phone and maybe buying a 7 plus as I can get it for a couple hundred quid? is that a good idea or is it a huge downgrade? I'd get the 8 plus but they're still really expensive on eBay and stuff (about £700) I feel weird buying an older model and was wondering whether this is a bad idea?
    You are not obliged to buy an apple product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyfloss)
    If you don't like the 8 because it's so similar to your 6S, the 7 is going to fall into the same pitfall, just with an added portrait mode. If that's the only change you need then sure, go for it, but you aren't going to get any radically different and you also lose the wireless charging if that's of any interest to you. If you want a more meaningful change than that, there's a ton of awesome Android flagships that are well worth trying.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.