Turn on thread page Beta

OASC 17th April 2018 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Im attending OASC on the 17th April 2018, just wanted to see who else was attending!

Look forward to seeing you there,

Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYehman)
    Hi all!

Im attending OASC on the 17th April 2018, just wanted to see who else was attending!

Look forward to seeing you there,

Tom
    hi I'm 17th April as well feel free to message me would be nice to know people before we end up down there
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for you to get a date from passing your medical? Also is the date given to you by your AFCO or OASC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Mn*J)
    How long did it take for you to get a date from passing your medical? Also is the date given to you by your AFCO or OASC?
    mine took a month from medical to get a date and cranwell email you directly mine was on the new log in page for candidates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Mn*J)
    Mine took about 2 weeks. Like Mitch247 said, they'll email you directly with a date!

Good luck, Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitch247)
    mine took a month from medical to get a date and cranwell email you directly mine was on the new log in page for candidates
    Mine took about 2 weeks. Like Mitch247 said, they'll email you directly with a date!

Good luck, Tom
    Thanks guys, it's been nearly 4 weeks but I just have to be patient which is always the hardest part!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Mn*J)
    Thanks guys, it's been nearly 4 weeks but I just have to be patient which is always the hardest part!
    Yeah absolutely, you'll get a date though. Did you have anything that you think might have caused the Doctor conducting your medical to contact your GP?

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Yeah absolutely, you'll get a date though. Did you have anything that you think might have caused the Doctor conducting your medical to contact your GP?

Tom
    Yeah I was made TMU for about 3 weeks whilst they waited for my GP to send some documents. To be fair to my GP, he sent it very quickly and my case was reviewed and passed on the same day. I received confirmation from MFBC that I successfully completed the medical but have had nothing since then.

ReputationRep:
    What order is

Do you do medical before or after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    after the interview you have medical then oasc

ReputationRep:
    after the interview you have medical then oasc
    Cool, thanks. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vodapo)
    provost officer yourself?

ReputationRep:
    provost officer yourself?
    Just done my CBAT, now trying to decide if I want to interview for IntO, ABM, or apply for a career with the Army. RAF application on hold for the moment in any case. Good luck at OASC. You didn't ask for tips but my friend who passed OASC last year said that no matter what make sure you're vocal in the leaderless exercises and debates. If your proposed ideas aren't chosen by the group then just contribute to whoever's idea is chosen and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    ABM is actually an okay job in the raf. and cheers for the tips much appreciated by me and probably everyone else always happy to have them aha

ReputationRep:
    ABM is actually an okay job in the raf. and cheers for the tips much appreciated by me and probably everyone else always happy to have them aha
    Haha yeah, I wish I was more interested in ABM honestly seems like it's a great role, lots of opportunity for progression... Unfortunately, the idea of sitting in a blacked out bunker for 12 hours a day doesn't appeal to me, and that's a big part of the job :P Hope you enjoy your time at Cranwell, not sure if you will have been before for Police Officer but I found the place pretty spectacular. If you get to see cadets doing drill in front of College Hall, it's pretty inspiring. The food and accommodation are decent too.

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone for Pilot, Wish RPAS as a second choice. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone for Pilot, Wish RPAS as a second choice. Yourself?
    Nice, RPAS looks like a brilliant job from what I've heard about the training and exercises.

I applied for WSOP but didn't get the pass mark for Spatial Reasoning. Looked into my other options in ABM, Int and ATC but decided they weren't for me. Currently applying for the Army now.

Good luck with the CBAT, and remember that if you feel like it's all gone to ****, then that's normal.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, RPAS looks like a brilliant job from what I've heard about the training and exercises.

I applied for WSOP but didn't get the pass mark for Spatial Reasoning. Looked into my other options in ABM, Int and ATC but decided they weren't for me. Currently applying for the Army now.

Good luck with the CBAT, and remember that if you feel like it's all gone to ****, then that's normal.
    Good luck for the Army!

I can't help with the application process for that but Ive passed CBAT etc and OASC is final stage now.

Tom

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.