Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester Metropolitan or Liverpool John Moores?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've had offers for Sociology from both, don't know which to pick.
    I love both cities.
    Had a look at student satisfaction surveys and they don't make Manchester look very good and that was the one I was thinking of for my firm.
    Any students from either got advice/opinions??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm making LJMU either my firm or insurance because Liverpool is a really nice city and it's one of the better options I have. I think it's pretty good for Sociology and that subject area

ReputationRep:
    I did criminology at LJMU and I took some of the sociology modules in my 3rd year, I'm now on a Masters in criminology also at LJMU and we have a lot of tutors from sociology on that as well so I feel like I have some knowledge of the course. I really liked the sociology modules I went on, the teaching on them was really great, equally the staff were all very supportive, I got good grades and more importantly felt like I learned a lot. There's also the opportunity to go on an international fieldwork trip in sociology, think last year it was to Nepal and this year Amsterdam, I went on the criminology departments version of it and it was amazing. It's a nice uni in general too and as another poster has already pointed out the city of Liverpool itself is an amazing place to be. I have loved living here!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.