The Student Room Group

Caught shoplifting in tescos

Desktop735
So the other day I stupidly shoplifted again. I had done it before for very small items and did it for fun. But this time (for the first time) I was caught. I got pulled aside and they asked to search my bag which I didn’t argue and I just showed them the items. They didn’t actually search the bag and I just handed them the things (there was still stuff in there which they didn’t find out about) they took me to a room at the back of the store where I wrote my name and address and I was allowed to pay for the items and leave. They never officially said that I was banned but am not sure whether I will receive a letter or whatever (btw I’m 14 and I don’t want my parents finding out) and also if they do send a letter, how long will the letter take to arrive?
It feels like Im seeing a thread about shoplifting every week!:facepalm:
Reply 2
Why steal when you could afford to pay for it anyway?

Original post by Anonymous
They didn’t actually search the bag and I just handed them the things (there was still stuff in there which they didn’t find out about)

Not sure if I believe this or not. I was there when my friend got arrested years ago for shop lifting, she handed the stuff out her bag but still had it searched. Either a lie to big yourself up or shockingly bad security in your area.
That aside - why don't you want your parents to know?
Reply 3
Consider yourself lucky and hopefully you’ve learnt from this and you won’t do it again.
Original post by Volibear
@orderofthelotus you might be able to help

stop
how did they catch you lol
Reply 6
Desktop735
So the other day I stupidly shoplifted again. I had done it before for very small items and did it for fun. But this time (for the first time) I was caught. I got pulled aside and they asked to search my bag which I didn’t argue and I just showed them the items. They didn’t actually search the bag and I just handed them the things (there was still stuff in there which they didn’t find out about) they took me to a room at the back of the store where I wrote my name and address and I was allowed to pay for the items and leave. They never officially said that I was banned but am not sure whether I will receive a letter or whatever (btw I’m 14 and I don’t want my parents finding out) and also if they do send a letter, how long will the letter take to arrive?

People like you have it easy in this $hithole country. When I mean people like you, I mean shoplifters. The police don't do jack, and often the retailers themselves have to foot the bill. All you get is a slap around the wrist and before you know it you are out again!

You are very lucky they let you away with a warning at least, I've been in the receiving end of theft as in I've worked in retail before and have had all sorts of scum steal from me. The UK Justice system favours all the shoplifters - ask any business owner, they will tell you!!
Reply 7
Original post by Tw1x

Not sure if I believe this or not. I was there when my friend got arrested years ago for shop lifting, she handed the stuff out her bag but still had it searched. Either a lie to big yourself up or shockingly bad security in your area.
That aside - why don't you want your parents to know?

Well must be bad security and also who would want there parents to know lol
Reply 8
how did they catch you lol

I actually have no clue lol they didn’t tell me and also where they didn’t search me may mean that someone’s told of me?
Reply 9
Original post by gurdor
People like you have it easy in this $hithole country. When I mean people like you, I mean shoplifters. The police don't do jack, and often the retailers themselves have to foot the bill. All you get is a slap around the wrist and before you know it you are out again!

You are very lucky they let you away with a warning at least, I've been in the receiving end of theft as in I've worked in retail before and have had all sorts of scum steal from me. The UK Justice system favours all the shoplifters - ask any business owner, they will tell you!!

Yeh I think I was definitely lucky! Should I expect a letter though?
Original post by Anonymous1502
It feels like Im seeing a thread about shoplifting every week!:facepalm:

It is very common a lot of people do it
Original post by Tw1x

Like I said in the thread, I do it for fun. I know it sounds bad but most people just get the thrill from it. I always carry money and never would take anything which I couldn’t afford.
Original post by storm95
Consider yourself lucky and hopefully you’ve learnt from this and you won’t do it again.

Yeh, I guess Tesco is quite sharp onto shoplifters! Most other store workers either just don’t care or are too dumb to realise. So many people do it.
Reply 13
Yeh I think I was definitely lucky! Should I expect a letter though?

Yeah but a letter doesn't mean anything.

I doubt the police were called for your incident so you have no criminal record. Like I've said before shoplifters have it easier here
Reply 14
tramp
Reply 15
Like I said in the thread, I do it for fun. I know it sounds bad but most people just get the thrill from it. I always carry money and never would take anything which I couldn’t afford.

Idiot - you do know some people have to pay that loss of earnings back? Poor decent people on minimum wage trying to earn a living, having to make up for you just wanting a 'thrill.' Grow up.
(edited 6 years ago)
Criminal!!!
I'd give you advice but you don't even seem to feel bad or even pretend you regret it or have learnt.

Grow up and stop stealing.

Quick Reply

Latest