Turn on thread page Beta

How to ask a girl to be my gf? watch

Ik this sounds weird asf but there’s this girl I’ve been speaking to on Snapchat and I’ve invited her round a few times etc so she knows I like and vice versa. I don’t speak to her all the time or anything and Ik she doesn’t have a bf.

What do I say then? It’s cringy asf just asking ‘do u wanna be my gf’. So how do I go about it

ReputationRep:
    do u wanna be my gf ?

ReputationRep:
    Ask her on a date. Once there then ask her if you would like to keep seeing each other like this. If she says yes then she is interested.

ReputationRep:
    Serenade her via snapchat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can I date you?
    Can I be your boyfriend?
    Can we be a couple?
    Will you be my girlfriend?

There are plenty of ways to say it. But if you think outright saying what you mean is cringy af then I'm not sure you're ready for a relationship. What exactly is wrong with just outright saying "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"?

ReputationRep:
    Aight imma expand on @Acsel answer a tad bit. Aight so what you want to do is get a houla hoop crisp packet (ready salted) wrap one of dem sh*ts up in tinfoil. then go up to yo future gf and say any of the presented questions on this thread. Hopefully she'll accept the ring and you'll be a cute a*s couple.

Ok do not follow the before information cause it was a joke

Go through everyone elses advice and then decide on the question aight mah nig*a but honestly like Acsel said, if you think asking her this question is cringy. Then you may not be ready for a relationship. You need to have your foot on saying it as in no damn doubts. You better say it like you mean it. Aight nig*a good luck.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's only awkward if you make it awkward or if it's the first date.

There's nothing wrong with asking "do you want to be my girlfriend?" That is probably the most simple and direct way of asking her. You're not asking to marry her or if she wants a 50% stake in your yo-yo business. It's a simple question of whether she wants to be in a relationship with you and that's the best way of doing it

That being said, if you feel it's too early to ask her the question and it's "cringe" then it probably is too early. Wait after a few more dates to decide whether you are ready to be in a relationship with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ik this sounds weird asf but there’s this girl I’ve been speaking to on Snapchat and I’ve invited her round a few times etc so she knows I like and vice versa. I don’t speak to her all the time or anything and Ik she doesn’t have a bf.

What do I say then? It’s cringy asf just asking ‘do u wanna be my gf’. So how do I go about it
    Just be yourself I’m a girl and I know I like it when boys are just themselves always take it slow and I’m sure you will get your girl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.