Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone applied for a TFL 2018 apprenticeship ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone has applied, or where you are on your application. I'm due to do my recorded video interview this coming week and I'm pretty nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitch_94)
    I was just wondering if anyone has applied, or where you are on your application. I'm due to do my recorded video interview this coming week and I'm pretty nervous.
    yup prepping for my video interview now. gonna be doing it tonight. You?

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about doing it Monday morning before work to give me more time to prepare for it. I get quite nervous the interviews, it seems strange just talking to a webcam and we only get 2 minutes per 2 questions right? How are you preparing? Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitch_94)
    Thinking about doing it Monday morning before work to give me more time to prepare for it. I get quite nervous the interviews, it seems strange just talking to a webcam and we only get 2 minutes per 2 questions right? How are you preparing? Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

yeah I did it earlier tonight. Very quick process, two 2 minute questions that absolutely fly by.

To prep I researched more about TfL and wrote down why I wanted to be a part of it, my programme and why I would do well in it/what I could bring to it, and practised general competency questions e.g teamwork, leadership, problem solving etc.

honestly it's over in less than 5 minutes. Hardly enough time to even let the nerves sink in.

You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying tomorrow, after the deputy head of sixth form has checked my CV.

What questions was everyone asked on the video interview?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the human resources management apprenticeship. Ive done the strategic online test. Waiting to do the general ability one?

Hoping i get to do the video interview. Its nice to see an insight into the video interview. Seems very short and basic.

I wonder what the assessment day will be like?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa lopez)
    I applied for the human resources management apprenticeship. Ive done the strategic online test. Waiting to do the general ability one?

Hoping i get to do the video interview. Its nice to see an insight into the video interview. Seems very short and basic.

I wonder what the assessment day will be like?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!
    yeah general ability was pretty easy in truth, although I got the email inviting me to complete that task (general ability) at the same time as the email inviting me to the situational judgement task - have another look through your emails to make sure you didn't accidently overlook the general ability test in your inbox.

ReputationRep:
    update; passed the video interview, and received an email from TFL confirming I'd passed and that I may be invited to an assessment centre (they said that they cant guarantee everyone who's made it this far a place)

find it a bit strange that after, what, 3 rounds of assessment/analysis there's still a surplus of individuals for an AC, like, surely that was what the video interview/online tests were for. I hope it doesn't end up being another KPMG for me where they tell me in November I might be getting a place in their AC and then say nothing until March.

Either way I'm close to getting a place on an EY degree apprenticeship, had a partner interview (final hurdle) yesterday, but I would absolutely love to take this this opportunity over all else.

Goodluck everyone, know this threads dead but, goodluck anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for cyber security

ReputationRep:
    i applied for computer technician. im in the final stage and will be invited to the assessment center soon hopefully goes well. been a long journey and so many tests etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzzzchow)
    i applied for computer technician. im in the final stage and will be invited to the assessment center soon hopefully goes well. been a long journey and so many tests etc..
    Whats your apprenticeship title?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where the Human Resources position might be based?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SahDude)
    yeah general ability was pretty easy in truth, although I got the email inviting me to complete that task (general ability) at the same time as the email inviting me to the situational judgement task - have another look through your emails to make sure you didn't accidently overlook the general ability test in your inbox.
    Thanks Sahdude, exactly what i did do. Luckily i looked again and found it in time.

ReputationRep:
    hi
    can someone help with my cv. as I am very struggling what to wrote.
    thank
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    🤔😳😳🤔

ReputationRep:
    Loool nah bro. Mans out ere trying to get a sucessfull career competing agaisnt 100s of other youngers like me. No aint gettin no questions given to them. I worked hard and had to pass so everyone else has to too.
    Hi
    it this possible to send me layout of your cv thank.

ReputationRep:
    I used cv builder a website online

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited to face to face assessment for any of the apprenticeship scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim9140)
    Has anyone been invited to face to face assessment for any of the apprenticeship scheme.
    Yes i have. But they said due to the demand not everone will be invited we will let u no. I been waiting ages

ReputationRep:
    Yes i have. But they said due to the demand not everone will be invited we will let u no. I been waiting ages
    Well i have had the same email and it has been over 3 weeks. Has anyone actually been invited with confirmed dates.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.