The Student Room Group

Do I have to apply for maintenance loan?

Hi!
Was just wondering if I have to apply for maintenance loan? I live with my mum and have a part time job. And even though I'm entitled to it I don't really want it. Was just wondering whether it was a option to have it or not
Original post by J_ayl
Hi!
Was just wondering if I have to apply for maintenance loan? I live with my mum and have a part time job. And even though I'm entitled to it I don't really want it. Was just wondering whether it was a option to have it or not

You don't have to have one, it depends if you feel comfortable living just off your part time income.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You don't have to have one, it depends if you feel comfortable living just off your part time income.

Thanks for your reply. I think id be alright because Im dependent on my mum currently
Original post by J_ayl
Thanks for your reply. I think id be alright because Im dependent on my mum currently

have you spoken to your mum about her financial situation meaning she can support you at uni?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
have you spoken to your mum about her financial situation meaning she can support you at uni?

Yeh we have, tbf she already supports me as it is so I guess it won't make much difference. I pay abit for rent and that's it. So it should be fine right?
Original post by J_ayl
Yeh we have, tbf she already supports me as it is so I guess it won't make much difference. I pay abit for rent and that's it. So it should be fine right?

Well if she got any benefits for you it could make a difference but otherwise it wouldn't make a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest