Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NCS or getting a job? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 11 and can’t decide on whether to do NCS this year or do it next year. (next year’s the last year I can do it)
    No matter when I do it I’ll be without friends as I can’t do any of the dates they’re going.
    Would it be better for me to get a job instead as I need the money, or should I do NCS this year?

Also, I’m a very shy and introverted person so can anyone give me advice on doing NCS alone and your experiences?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post it in but I can’t find another fitting one
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you need the money for, If its serious than I would advice you to wait till next year however if you think that you can wait and get a job after NCS then I would strongly recommend you going. I am also going this year and all I've heard are positive reviews. It looks good on your personal statement and CV. It's also for all types of people, if you are shy it allows you to over come your weakness by meeting new people and being put into new environments.

P.s. if you do want someone with you then you can use a code from a friend that will allow you to mabye be paired up together.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest ncs has become so popular and overrated that it no longer stands out. It’s more like a norm. I’d say get a job, but that’s just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, it may be worth doing if you don’t NEED the money from a job. That depends on your future plans too, if you are going to Uni/college/work. What I will say is NCS pays staff well and going on the programme gives you more job opportunities with them, check out the Staffing part of there website. It may be possible to work for them the summer after.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.