Turn on thread page Beta

Braces... a few of my questions? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    1. One year
    2. Normal
    3. No because they’re stuck to your teeth 24/7 unless you somehow break them
    No problem.
    Lol thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by queenmeelzx)
    Thankyou very much xx

It's just that like 2 people in my year have braces and somehow mostly everyone in my year hates me because i'm different and cba with getting involved with immature behavior, they make fun of every tiny thing about me or just throw a bunch of really crappy swears at me thinking it's a really awesome 'cuss'. I try to ignore it but when they come outside your house tryna say crappy things to you it gets over the line.

Sorry, just realized I got way to deep and into detail there - my bad!
    Hey x
    Its fine, you didnt go into detail but I get why you are abit nervous to get braces but tbh f*ck haters and be happy with yourself. No-one will be laughing when they see that your teeth a straighter and better than theirs
    And if you need to talk or still have some issues with similar problems then PM me x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Hey x
    Its fine, you didnt go into detail but I get why you are abit nervous to get braces but tbh f*ck haters and be happy with yourself. No-one will be laughing when they see that your teeth a straighter and better than theirs
    And if you need to talk or still have some issues with similar problems then PM me x
    Hey, thankyou so much xx I sure will pm you ♥

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT GET BRACES.

Get Invisalign.

Braces are terrible in comparison. Invisalign is literally programmed by a computer to give you perfect teeth. Braces are partly guess work. Invisalign will give you perfection and won't impact your appearance while you wear them either. You can take them off when you go out and nobody even knows.

Please take my advice into consideration... I had braces two times (train tracks), second time they used elastic bands and ****. Neither gave a satisfactory result. I'm now just about to finish Invisalign and my teeth are total perfection.

Also braces are quite painful when you first have them put on. First time I had them I couldn't chew for a week. Even touching the teeth was excruciating. Invisalign causes zero pain.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had braces for 6 months luckily and had no bother at school at all as most people had them when I did. Good luck x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    DO NOT GET BRACES.

Get Invisalign.

Braces are terrible in comparison. Invisalign is literally programmed by a computer to give you perfect teeth. Braces are partly guess work. Invisalign will give you perfection and won't impact your appearance while you wear them either. You can take them off when you go out and nobody even knows.

Please take my advice into consideration... I had braces two times (train tracks), second time they used elastic bands and ****. Neither gave a satisfactory result. I'm now just about to finish Invisalign and my teeth are total perfection.

Also braces are quite painful when you first have them put on. First time I had them I couldn't chew for a week. Even touching the teeth was excruciating. Invisalign causes zero pain.
    Do you have to pay for Invisalign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink2000)
    Hey I had braces for 6 months luckily and had no bother at school at all as most people had them when I did. Good luck x
    Thanks a bunch, i'll need it

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

so today I went to the dentist and they told me that i'm going to need braces and they told me to wait for a letter from the Orthodontist.
    At first I was really worried about going back to school with braces and how badly i'd get bullied. Then I wasn't sure what to think.
    My questions are:
    How long did you have to wear your braces?
    What was it like having braces while being at school?
    Was it a lot of effort wearing them?
    Thanks,
    Hello, i had braces back in year 9 (I'm in year 11 now). i started wearing them around May 2016 and took them off around March 2017, so i had them for 10 months whilst my dentist predicted approx. 12 months. For me at least having braces was normal. Didn't get bullied, although the first few weeks i did get teased cause you're not allowed to eat certain things yet and the usual "you look so weird" or "OMG you got braces???" type of reactions. Having braces at school was just a normal occurrence to me. nothing out of the ordinary really. After the first few months you'll even start forgetting you have some metal crap stuck to your teeth.

Having them on was pretty much an effort. Cleaning your braces is very important to keep out cavities (had my dentist get pissed at me once for not cleaning it enough). Going to the dentist every month to get them tightened was also quite annoying. so yeah it was quite the effort but the only thing you have to do is clean them well and get them tightened every month whilst you let the braces sort out your teeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychdog)
    Hello, i had braces back in year 9 (I'm in year 11 now). i started wearing them around May 2016 and took them off around March 2017, so i had them for 10 months whilst my dentist predicted approx. 12 months. For me at least having braces was normal. Didn't get bullied, although the first few weeks i did get teased cause you're not allowed to eat certain things yet and the usual "you look so weird" or "OMG you got braces???" type of reactions. Having braces at school was just a normal occurrence to me. nothing out of the ordinary really. After the first few months you'll even start forgetting you have some metal crap stuck to your teeth.

Having them on was pretty much an effort. Cleaning your braces is very important to keep out cavities (had my dentist get pissed at me once for not cleaning it enough). Going to the dentist every month to get them tightened was also quite annoying. so yeah it was quite the effort but the only thing you have to do is clean them well and get them tightened every month whilst you let the braces sort out your teeth
    Can you take your braces out whenever you want?

And thankyou for your reply

ReputationRep:
    Can you take your braces out whenever you want?

And thankyou for your reply
    No problem . And no i couldn't take them out anytime i wanted. however even now i have retainers, i have to wear them for a year after the braces. for the retainers you are allowed to take them in and out whenever.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I had braces for almost 2 years in secondary school, but the lenght of the whole process could be different for you, depending on what you’re wearing the braces for.
    I’ve never really experienced bullying, but I guess I was lucky to be in a laid back school, where nobody gives a damn about you 😂😂.
    In terms of effort, it also depends on what you’re used to. In general, you cannot bite into anything crunchy or hard, and you have to pay more attention to your oral hygene.
    One tip I’m not sure could be useful, but worth sharing: If you’re wearing braces because you don’t have very much space for some of your teeth, it is extremely possible to have to get your wisdom tooth removed! It is also possible that your teeth could get a little bit crooked when your wisdom tooth tries to grow out (this happened to me!)
    I wish you the best and good luck with your braces! Remeber: at the end of the day, you wear them to get a beautiful smile! 😁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RalucaA)
    Hello!
    I had braces for almost 2 years in secondary school, but the lenght of the whole process could be different for you, depending on what you’re wearing the braces for.
    I’ve never really experienced bullying, but I guess I was lucky to be in a laid back school, where nobody gives a damn about you 😂😂.
    In terms of effort, it also depends on what you’re used to. In general, you cannot bite into anything crunchy or hard, and you have to pay more attention to your oral hygene.
    One tip I’m not sure could be useful, but worth sharing: If you’re wearing braces because you don’t have very much space for some of your teeth, it is extremely possible to have to get your wisdom tooth removed! It is also possible that your teeth could get a little bit crooked when your wisdom tooth tries to grow out (this happened to me!)
    I wish you the best and good luck with your braces! Remeber: at the end of the day, you wear them to get a beautiful smile! 😁
    Lol, thanks i'll keep that in mind x

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to pay for Invisalign?
    Ye and it's worth every penny.

You get a way better result, without pain, and not have to have a metalmouth for a year.

I wish I'd just done Invisalign the first time round. My teeth are perfected now. Computerized orthodontics are so much more accurate and effective.

My mate's bro got Invisalign and says it's the best investment he's ever made in his life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    Ye and it's worth every penny.

You get a way better result, without pain, and not have to have a metalmouth for a year.

I wish I'd just done Invisalign the first time round. My teeth are perfected now. Computerized orthodontics are so much more accurate and effective.

My mate's bro got Invisalign and says it's the best investment he's ever made in his life.
    Hmm.. I think i'll ask my sis about this, thanks for your reply!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.