Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Okay okay so we've talked a bit about how good keeping active can be for your health and mental wellbeing, but it can be pretty damn funny too sometimes.

Do you guys have any funny exercise related stories, gifs, pictures etc? Please share them so we can all have a good laugh.

I'll go first...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's sports day at my junior school. Teachers are preparing for the boot toss, but my brothers teacher isn't feeling it and picks him as tribute. Poor little thing is not the sporty type and he's up against a bunch of teaches (including one who's umm... not the nicest of people). None the less that brave little soldier steps up to the task, grabs his boot and throws it with all his might... backwards.
    But all is not lost my friends because that terrible fail of a throw is blessed by the gods and smacks that nasty teacher square in the face.

I just wish we had some recording of it. But since we don't you'll just have to accept this instead:

And if you haven't already go check out our sparkly new Sport Relief forum.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I was at the gym going for a PR on legpress when all the sudden I accidently let out the loudest fart ever. The whole gym turned around to look at me. Feelsbadman
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I was at the gym going for a PR on legpress when all the sudden I accidently let out the loudest fart ever. The whole gym turned around to look at me. Feelsbadman
    Oooh. That's painfully embarrassing! Thanks for sharing so we could enjoy your suffering. :fart::lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Oooh. That's painfully embarrassing! Thanks for sharing so we could enjoy your suffering. :fart::lol:
    I tried to play it off like nothing happened:toofunny: I changed gyms since then though, thank god for that

ReputationRep:
    For me, one of my friends really encouraged me to go to the gym. I did. So, I started out on the treadmill and he tried to train me. I started out walking at a speed of 3 (so slow!!!) and then ran at 5, tripped over my own feet and fell off the treadmill. Took me about 2 years to get on one again, first one last Thursday and did NOT fall

ReputationRep:
    Guy asked me to spot for his first 140kg bench. He failed. In my haste to grab the bar, I teabagged him.

He has never asked me to spot him since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfolobus)
    Guy asked me to spot for his first 140kg bench. He failed. In my haste to grab the bar, I teabagged him.

He has never asked me to spot him since.
    Should have said no homo afterwards

ReputationRep:
    I always lose sensation when I’ve been on the bike machines for a long while and it’s quite funny to watch me try to move and walk afterwards.

Okay okay so we've talked a bit about how good keeping active can be for your health and mental wellbeing, but it can be pretty damn funny too sometimes.

Do you guys have any funny exercise related stories, gifs, pictures etc? Please share them so we can all have a good laugh.

I'll go first...
    Spoiler:
    Show

It's sports day at my junior school. Teachers are preparing for the boot toss, but my brothers teacher isn't feeling it and picks him as tribute. Poor little thing is not the sporty type and he's up against a bunch of teaches (including one who's umm... not the nicest of people). None the less that brave little soldier steps up to the task, grabs his boot and throws it with all his might... backwards.
    But all is not lost my friends because that terrible fail of a throw is blessed by the gods and smacks that nasty teacher square in the face.

I just wish we had some recording of it. But since we don't you'll just have to accept this instead:

Spoiler:
    Show

Both funny and not funny at the same. Brings back memories from PE at high school and someone throwing basketball at my head.

I hope your brother is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Using leg press is a funny story

ReputationRep:
    That feel when you accidentally bang your head against a barbell, true story
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Using leg press is a funny story
    Was a few years back, didn’t even start doing squats back then *facepalm* lol

ReputationRep:
    I was doing a personal survival exercise for one of my GCSE PE Assessments which involved swimming in a pool with your clothes on. The heating wasn't on at the time so it got cold fast - like a real life personal survival scenario, There were around 5 of us in a group and each of us had to swim 2 laps around the pool but we had to do it one at a time and we all had to stay in the pool until it was our turn to go. As I was last to go, I spent the longest time in the cold water, and as soon as I started my lap, I got cramp on one of my legs! I yelled in agony and tried to continue but then I got cramp on my other leg.

With cramp on both legs, I started to drown, bearing mind that the school pool was only between 4-6 feet deep (1.2 - 1.8 meters). A classmate dived in to rescue but at first he pulled my head underwater and I was seriously struggling to breathe at this point. Eventually I got pulled to the side and recovered, but I have to say it was quite an experience; it's ironic having been assessed on personal survival and nearly drowned.

I also have another story a couple of weeks after my personal survival incident. I also had a GCSE PE Assessment in Kayaking and I'd admit that I was fairly competent at the time, having had experience paddling in white water rapids. I was being recorded and was tasked to perform a basic capsize drill which involves capsizing my kayak and swimming to the bank with my kayak and paddle. I ended up dislocating my shoulder in the river and had to get a paramedic to pull me out of the river and take me to hospital whilst being in a dry suit.

GCSE PE was certainly an interesting experience haha!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Toy Soldiers)
    I was doing a personal survival exercise for one of my GCSE PE Assessments which involved swimming in a pool with your clothes on. The heating wasn't on at the time so it got cold fast - like a real life personal survival scenario, There were around 5 of us in a group and each of us had to swim 2 laps around the pool but we had to do it one at a time and we all had to stay in the pool until it was our turn to go. As I was last to go, I spent the longest time in the cold water, and as soon as I started my lap, I got cramp on one of my legs! I yelled in agony and tried to continue but then I got cramp on my other leg.

With cramp on both legs, I started to drown, bearing mind that the school pool was only between 4-6 feet deep (1.2 - 1.8 meters). A classmate dived in to rescue but at first he pulled my head underwater and I was seriously struggling to breathe at this point. Eventually I got pulled to the side and recovered, but I have to say it was quite an experience; it's ironic having been assessed on personal survival and nearly drowned.

I also have another story a couple of weeks after my personal survival incident. I also had a GCSE PE Assessment in Kayaking and I'd admit that I was fairly competent at the time, having had experience paddling in white water rapids. I was being recorded and was tasked to perform a basic capsize drill which involves capsizing my kayak and swimming to the bank with my kayak and paddle. I ended up dislocating my shoulder in the river and had to get a paramedic to pull me out of the river and take me to hospital whilst being in a dry suit.

GCSE PE was certainly an interesting experience haha!
    Have you considered not doing things on the grounds you seem to have been cursed with bad luck. Maybe just find a nice cosy room with rounded objects and limited water so you can't down...

Glad you survived your... survival test and hope you've recovered from your kayak experience. Thanks for sharing. It gave me a good giggle from the irony of it all.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered not doing things on the grounds you seem to have been cursed with bad luck. Maybe just find a nice cosy room with rounded objects and limited water so you can't down...

Glad you survived your... survival test and hope you've recovered from your kayak experience. Thanks for sharing. It gave me a good giggle from the irony of it all.
    It's all been good since then haha I was thinking of good stories to tell the other day, so I'm glad to be reminded of the funny experiences when I found this thread.

ReputationRep:
    This may or not be funny... 2 days ago I was working in with 2 people on the bench press. Then I thought I was going to hit a PR, I was lifting the weight and it was surprisingly easy. Then when done I checked and turns out I miscalculated as I thought the 15 plate was a 20.

Also, the guy spotting me kept squatting down as I lifted the bar down. Is that necessary ffs?

ReputationRep:
    At the very beginning, I almost knocked myself unconscious while doing overhead starjump presses. My head was tingling for about an hour afterwards and there was a massive bruise.
    Everyone saw because it was in a class with mirrors everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I was skiing at a dry ski slope about to do a technical assessment when two of my old teachers turned up I was pretty much wrote off at school and the only thing i was really good at at the time was skiing. so i thought I'll show them s of I go like a rocket down the slope I was told the turns had looked really good (they had felt pretty good too) until I fell got a little concussed and injured my leg wrist and quite a few cuts and bruises My assessment was postponed and happily I passed.

ReputationRep:
    I was doing Tricep cable pushdowns.
    Towards the end of the set, I notice a large man on an exercise bike.
    He was fully going at it (pretty fast tbh) and somehow he managed to tip the bike over and fall with it.
    He was okay, but he left the gym and has never come back.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Another one of those glorious GIFs to remind us just how much good activity brings to this world.

ReputationRep:

I'll go first...
    Spoiler:
    Show

I don't exercise..

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.