Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking English Lang, English Lit, and History (as well as EPQ), and I want to find something that isn't too similar to any of my subjects, but that I'm still interested in. Originally I was going to do about the representation of LGBTQ+ characters in literature, but that was way too close to Lit for me to feel motivated.

I'm interested in things to do with society also (feminism etc.), but as I've never done sociology before I'm not sure I'd know where to start!

Any thoughts are appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do at university? Try to link it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    What do you want to do at university? Try to link it in.
    I'm probably going to do something related to English, and I'm leaning towards English Lit, but it's just difficult to get the balance between linking it in but also not going too close to the subject so that I feel overwhelmed by reading!!

ReputationRep:
    Gender stereotyping in Disney films
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potato456)
    Gender stereotyping in Disney films
    That sounds pretty interesting, thanks! I'd probably have to find a few specific films, but I'll have a think!

ReputationRep:
    Think about the type of career you want to go into. For example, I want to become a midwife so I did : 'Is Midwifery becoming less appealing to the younger generation?'
    Or if you are doing a topic in, say, English Literature (i'm doing Handmaid's tale, Frankenstein and A streetcar) I would maybe go with the gender stereotypes within the novels and how this may link to today's society because then you have a large range of topic areas within the thesis to cover in your dissertation.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em395)
    Think about the type of career you want to go into. For example, I want to become a midwife so I did : 'Is Midwifery becoming less appealing to the younger generation?'
    Or if you are doing a topic in, say, English Literature (i'm doing Handmaid's tale, Frankenstein and A streetcar) I would maybe go with the gender stereotypes within the novels and how this may link to today's society because then you have a large range of topic areas within the thesis to cover in your dissertation.

Hope this helps.
    This helps a lot actually!! I like the idea of looking at stereotyping within a novel, and I could maybe expand it to looking at gender and sexuality depending on the plot? This is really useful, thanks!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.