Turn on thread page Beta

Tips to become better at Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. watch

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of taking Biology, Psychology and one from either physics or chemistry. I have been doing research online and you need 5 A's at least, to become a doctor.

I need help on maths, biology, physics and chemistry. It is not as if I do not revise, I made cue cards and loads of revision material and I stay back with my teachers and ask them for websites which do not help. Is there any tips on getting better? I do not have long till my GCSE's and I am not getting the grades I want. Please is there any guidance?

ReputationRep:
    do questions that is the only way to go after making notes

get the specification make sure your notes are conscise

go over notes, do questions mark see what u got wrong do it over for all topics in 2 months time you'd have covered everything fully.

simple really.

ReputationRep:
    Understanding and knowing the specification and mark scheme is a big help, really important to take time to learn this. If you know how the examiner is marking your work and what marks are being awarded for then it's a lot easier to design your answers to maximise these marks. Lots of past papers and practice questions, especially for maths as the more you do the better it sinks in and is retained. I haven't done the other sciences but certainly for biology it's important to really understand the content, don't just memorise everything, you need to understand how and why things work in a certain way. Know your terminology well and make sure you use that terminology/key words in your answers. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Most universities require you to take chemistry if you want to do medicine, so if it is between chemistry and physics, I would suggest choosing chem.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilingWombat)
    Understanding and knowing the specification and mark scheme is a big help, really important to take time to learn this. If you know how the examiner is marking your work and what marks are being awarded for then it's a lot easier to design your answers to maximise these marks. Lots of past papers and practice questions, especially for maths as the more you do the better it sinks in and is retained. I haven't done the other sciences but certainly for biology it's important to really understand the content, don't just memorise everything, you need to understand how and why things work in a certain way. Know your terminology well and make sure you use that terminology/key words in your answers. Good luck!
    Thank you for your advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAR123)
    Most universities require you to take chemistry if you want to do medicine, so if it is between chemistry and physics, I would suggest choosing chem.
    Thank you for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trill_val)
    do questions that is the only way to go after making notes

get the specification make sure your notes are conscise

go over notes, do questions mark see what u got wrong do it over for all topics in 2 months time you'd have covered everything fully.

simple really.
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samona7851)
    I am thinking of taking Biology, Psychology and one from either physics or chemistry. I have been doing research online and you need 5 A's at least, to become a doctor.

I need help on maths, biology, physics and chemistry. It is not as if I do not revise, I made cue cards and loads of revision material and I stay back with my teachers and ask them for websites which do not help. Is there any tips on getting better? I do not have long till my GCSE's and I am not getting the grades I want. Please is there any guidance?
    Moved to the Maths, science and technology academic help forum

ReputationRep:
    Have you made a hand-written notes? For me, it was really helpful...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.