Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what is better geography or history

ReputationRep:
    geography
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I personally was never a huge fan of geography and chose history for GCSE. I found it more interesting than geography lessons and didn't have to work very hard to do well at the subject as it was mainly (in my opinion) remembering some information and presenting it in an essay structure. If you find you're quite good at English, particularly essay writing, I'd choose history. However, if you are more interested by geography, I'd wholly recommend take that instead. No one wants to study a subject they don't enjoy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by pancu002.304)
    If you want to take Geog A-Level, then pick Geog. Same for history.

Other than that, it's personal preference. I enjoyed both so I took both at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite part of Geography lessons is leaving at the end. Was told there was was going to be colouring pencils, there weren't no colouring pencils only a massive textbook which my teacher has clung to like Rose clung to that door on the Titanic. History in my experience has been a great option.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pancu002.304)
    Do you know what you'd like to study after GCSEs? That might influence which would be a better choice for you. If future studies is not an influence then really it's down to personal preference, both are good subjects so pick what you think you'll enjoy the most.

ReputationRep:
    I chose history but the content is very overwhelming and you have to write a lot in strict time limits. I don't enjoy it as much but I'd recommend it if you have a passion for it. Geography may be less interesting and there's a lot of fact files and details but I'd probably go with geography if I could change my options.

ReputationRep:
    I hated both so chose geography, I don't like it but don't regret it either. I'd say geo is probably easier so you might end up with a better grade, whereas most people find history more interesting? At the end of the day it's your choice, go for whichever you prefer and are best at.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.