Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently dropped out of UoL after 2 years in June 2017 as my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the February. My mum is the only provider in our house as my dad has been unable to work because of sickness for quite some time.

I struggled being away from home during this time, I barely attended university and stupidly enough, I never sought help or advice from the university either, but dropped out at the end of my second year.

I moved back home in order to help support my family, both emotionally and financially as my mum was unable to take time off work to help dad after treatments and operations, and of course I wanted to be here through the difficult time. On top of this, we were also the main care providers for my aunty, a task which became increasingly difficult once my dad was unable to do as much as he used to, so my presence at home was a necessity.

I believe this would be classed as a CPR, and would have no issue providing a letter from myself, as well as hospital proof of my dads appointments/operations/treatments. However I'm unsure on who or how I'd get a professional letter from someone to back up my need to drop out as the only people who can really speak for the necessity are my family.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by emilyjaynesf)
    I recently dropped out of UoL after 2 years in June 2017 as my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the February. My mum is the only provider in our house as my dad has been unable to work because of sickness for quite some time.

I struggled being away from home during this time, I barely attended university and stupidly enough, I never sought help or advice from the university either, but dropped out at the end of my second year.

I moved back home in order to help support my family, both emotionally and financially as my mum was unable to take time off work to help dad after treatments and operations, and of course I wanted to be here through the difficult time. On top of this, we were also the main care providers for my aunty, a task which became increasingly difficult once my dad was unable to do as much as he used to, so my presence at home was a necessity.

I believe this would be classed as a CPR, and would have no issue providing a letter from myself, as well as hospital proof of my dads appointments/operations/treatments. However I'm unsure on who or how I'd get a professional letter from someone to back up my need to drop out as the only people who can really speak for the necessity are my family.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Hi Emily,

To apply for compelling personal reasons we would require the following evidence,

Where applicable, we recommend the evidence;
    • Is signed and dated
    • Confirms the reason why the student could not continue with their studies and
    • When this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include;
    • Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
    • Letter from HEP on headed paper
    • Letter from Social Services on headed paper
    • Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
    • Death Certificate and/or
    • A Birth Certificate

Thanks

Catherine

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.