Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

Notification of an upcoming By-Election

I hearby give notice to the house that two by-elections will take place with all parties able to submit one candidate. Please note that I have extended the dates a little further to bring this election in line with the next vote review.

The schedule will be as follows:
    24/02 – Election is announced by The Speaker.
    24/02 - The Speaker will inform interested candidates/parties to submit their manifestos
    05/03 – All manifestos should have been received by The Speaker.
    05/03 - The Speaker will post the manifestos in a thread in the Model House of Commons forum, add a secret 4 day poll with the option of “Spoilt Ballot”.
    09/03 – The election closes.
    12/03 – Seats are formally taken.

Manifestos submitted must be less than 600 words.

i) Manifestos may not contain more than two image files.
    ii) Manifestos may contain one audio or video file:
    a)lasting less than 90 seconds
    b)containing less than 200 words (not included in the manifesto word count)
    c)not infringing on copyright law
    iii) Manifestos may not contain pictures of, or quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise.
    iv) Where a manifesto is received with more than 600 words, the Speaker will cut the manifesto at the 600-word mark.

ReputationRep:
    Vote Joep95.

Put an end to dirty politics.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can confirm that the Libertarian Party shall be putting up a candidate in this coming by-election.

ReputationRep:
    :yay:

ReputationRep:
    Bend the knee now and all will be spared.

ReputationRep:
    Also a point of order Mr Speaker but only one by-election will occur, but for two seats (your terminology is incorrect in our single party list one constituency land). You also forgot to mention that it will be multiple choice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Also a point of order Mr Speaker but only one by-election will occur, but for two seats (your terminology is incorrect in our single party list one constituency land). You also forgot to mention that it will be multiple choice.
    Indeed, you are correct. I'll edit the OP when I'm on a computer.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    #YesWe...

Who's running this time?:curious:
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    #YesWe...

Hmm I don’t think our candidate would have able to have a catchy hashtag associated with then, the two that could come from the Libs definitely don’t and I don’t know enough about the other parties.
    I am curious to see what the propaganda machine produces though 🤔
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    #YesWe...
    ...Quam!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    #YesWe...

All in due course, you shall see soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    All in due course, you shall see soon.
    It's not Saunders is it? It'll be pretty bad if he ran considering he resigned as a mp
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    It's not Saunders is it? It'll be pretty bad if he ran considering he resigned as a mp
    It isn’t, no. I’m sure Saunders will be happy for me to say here that he feels responsible for the loss of seats and therefore chose to resign to avoid another having to give up their seat.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.