Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    its because the children will take on the religion of the man but this isnt the case so its still sexist lol
    Peace be with you, Anonymous.

That is general. The context over here is literal. I do understand why you are under the impression that it is sexist however I will explain all this later on InshaAllah(God-Willing!).

Thank you.

(Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Not at all. If you have not realised I do not use the internet to look up answers. I have my own authentic resources as to which I use and for the purpose of explanation on here, it is time consuming hence why I said you will be given your answer shortly InshaAllah.(God-willing).
    with all due respect you have every right to believe in what ever you wish but the idea of woman not being able to marry a jew or a christian (like a muslim man) is and will always be sexist. i am a muslim and i know the reason i've stated it above.

its natural for non muslims to think this because hun its the truth you can still have your owns views but believe in allah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masudibrahim99)
    Muslim women are held amongst the highest regard.
    and, if they stray from the right path, their husband can discipline them : verbally or physically (if need be). It's for their own good, right ?

best

Peace be with you, Anonymous.

That is general. The context over here is literal. I do understand why you are under the impression that it is sexist however I will explain all this later on InshaAllah(God-Willing!).

Thank you.
    what is general? ive read a lot about it but im interested in what you have to say and nope it is sexist please dont sugar coat it all and say allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. If you have not realised I do not use the internet to look up answers. I have my own authentic resources as to which I use and for the purpose of explanation on here, it is time consuming hence why I said you will be given your answer shortly InshaAllah.(God-willing).
    I don't use the Internet either lol, so if that was some kind of dig then you failed soz. Why would you write a post, telling me you're going to write a post? That's literally the most pointless thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    with all due respect you have every right to believe in what ever you wish but the idea of woman not being able to marry a jew or a christian (like a muslim man) is and will always be sexist. i am a muslim and i know the reason i've stated it above.

its natural for non muslims to think this because hun its the truth you can still have your owns views but believe in allah
    Peace be with you, Anonymous 9.

As I have said, for the third time(I guess 3 is for sunnah) that I will be explaining it. I have not got a chance to write it up on here yet.

ReputationRep:
    its because the children will take the religion of the man (muslim) and if the woman married a non muslim she would most likely not be a muslim
    ^ still sexist lol but its what muslims believe
    yes, it's what many Muslims believe. Very backward, IMHO.

best
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    I don't use the Internet either lol, so if that was some kind of dig then you failed soz. Why would you write a post, telling me you're going to write a post? That's literally the most pointless thing.
    My point was to let you know that in terms of your 1st point it is quite lengthy which means that you will be jumping to conclusions that Islam is a backward religion.

Of course you are welcome to your opinions however you keep on mentioning that Islam is a backward religion, which by the ways I do get where you are coming from.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    what is general? ive read a lot about it but im interested in what you have to say and nope it is sexist please dont sugar coat it all and say allah knows best.
    The general statement was that children will take the religion of their father.

In terms of sexists I did not refute you upon that, neither was I going to make the intention of saying Allah Knows best.

I'm 27 and still not married, it doesn't bother me a bit because I put my trust in Allah
    I got my first marriage proposal at the age of 15 - but it was from my cousin eww.
    Hey Miss Eww. Just so you know marrying your cousins is absolutely permissible by Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it will be hard for you to find someone for marriage? If you haven’t had any proposals yet, does it make you worry?
    How does it work in your family/culture?

If you are already married, how did it happen?

Social media has made it easier, everyone is connected. Asian families are large and we attend weddings ect where the single girls mothers will network.

It can be a problem if you dont have the above links and yes becomes difficult as proposals are usually through introduction of friends ect...

It is difficult to be honest as the population isnt so big for asians
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    1) Muslims have to marry within their own religion

2) It's frowned upon in Islam to marry someone of a different race

3) Women have to cover themselves but men can wear pretty much whatever they like

4) Women are expected to be homemakers

5) Women are owned by their father, until they marry then they are owned by their husband

6) In Islam a man is permitted to beat his wife

7) Sex before marriage is haram

8) Honour killings

9) The concept of halal meat

10) Circumcision

Those are literally just a few examples off the top of my head, there's plenty more but I don't have all day to list them.

Nope. Religion goes against the very concept of peace I'm afraid.
    "1.) Muslims have to marry within their own religion".

Spoiler:
    Show

I will explain this point as simple as I can InshaAllah(God-willing!).

A Muslim believes in only the Heavenly disclosed religions all other religions are human made. Nonetheless, that said, in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent.

So she has indirectly left Islam in other words. In essence what would occur from such dealings is that marital relationship will not achieve the love and mercy that is needed in a marital relationship. The outcome of this can also be correlated to divorce in many circumstances.

I do hope you all understand the above, if not please do let me know or please do consult a scholar otherwise.

Thank you. .

Spoiler:
    Show

A Muslim believes in only the Heavenly disclosed religions all other religions are human made. Nonetheless, that said, in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent.

So she has indirectly left Islam in other words. In essence what would occur from such dealings is that marital relationship will not achieve the love and mercy that is needed in a marital relationship. The outcome of this can also be correlated to divorce in many circumstances.

I do hope you all understand the above, if not please do let me know or please do consult a scholar otherwise.

Thank you. .

i dont understand?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i dont understand?
    Thank you for letting me know.

I think I will take a stance of examples here with made up names to make it simpler.

Theres a Muslim lady, lets say her name is Maryam, and she has a classmate who is a christian by the name of Chris. Now if Maryam desired to marry Chris as she is a Muslim, she would come out of Islam instantly. However, if Chris was to revert, genuinely and not for the intention of marrying Maryam then that would be fine in accordance to Islam.

Therefore by Maryam taking the chance of marrying Chris whilst she is till a Muslim would thereby incur marital issues. I am not stating this is always the case however, it does occur within communities.

Hope you do understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obaid786)
    would u personally get arranged marriaged or would u wanna pick who u want to marry
    pickkk duhhh

ReputationRep:
    Never gonna get married

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand?
    Basically in Islam a woman is the property of the man so if she marries a non-Muslim then she is deemed to be the property of a non-Muslim and therefore not a Muslim.

They'll try and dress it up in other ways to justify it but this is essentially what they're saying.

And MiszshorTea786 that still doesn't change the fact that having rules about who you can and can't marry is backwards, and having different rules for men and women is sexist no matter what bs reason you come up for it and sexism is backwards.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Thank you. .

How has the woman 'left' Islam when she marries someone of a different faith? She can still practice her religion.. and how does a multi-faith marriage fail to achieve the 'love and mercy' needed in marriage? Lastly, why is this exclusive to females? Couldn't this same reasoning be applied to males?

ReputationRep:
    its because the children will take the religion of the man (muslim) and if the woman married a non muslim she would most likely not be a muslim

^ still sexist lol but its what muslims believe
    Yeah I know that's why haha but I don't believe it changes the fact that it's sexist

Thank you for letting me know.

I think I will take a stance of examples here with made up names to make it simpler.

Theres a Muslim lady, lets say her name is Maryam, and she has a classmate who is a christian by the name of Chris. Now if Maryam desired to marry Chris as she is a Muslim, she would come out of Islam instantly. However, if Chris was to revert, genuinely and not for the intention of marrying Maryam then that would be fine in accordance to Islam.

Therefore by Maryam taking the chance of marrying Chris whilst she is till a Muslim would thereby incur marital issues. I am not stating this is always the case however, it does occur within communities.

Hope you do understand.
    how would she come out of islam instantly? explain the reasoning behind this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.