Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you think it will be hard for you to find someone for marriage? If you haven’t had any proposals yet, does it make you worry?
    How does it work in your family/culture?

If you are already married, how did it happen?
    Im only 17, due to turn 18 in may. Marriage is something is going to happen later in my life so around the age of 23 and over. Yes I do think it will be hard to find someone for marriage, it is hard. So many of cousins are like 24 plus and are still not married. Im wayy too young to have proposals wayyy too young. Even if I did I would turn them down in a heartbeat because my career and going to uni to study what I love is more important than that. Way more important. If I am 23 plus and I havent got any proposals yet I will get worried but im not worried now. I have got A Levels to worry about.
    Well Im from pakistan so marriage is 95% of the time arranged for paki's. It is generally word of mouth and just passing information to and fro , but quite a few pakis are looking for love themselves without their parents so they will tell their parents they like someone and then they will take it from there.
    My mum is good shes amazing as she has said that she opposes the backwardness of paki culture and she opposes us getting married to our cousins, she wants to keep an open mind!! so if I like someone then I will tell her and yeah! ( I already told her that Im not marrying a paki man, no way! )

ReputationRep:
    im not taking my husbands name lol i dont care if its the norm its sexist that the point and she isn't acknowledging this. how unfair is it that if a woman marries a jew or christian she is no longer a muslim but a man STILL is he marries a jew or christian? its ridiculous
    why do you people take things out of proportion? no one says it makes you a non muslim. There are other consequences but you're too clearly ignorant to know

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    why do you people take things out of proportion? no one says it makes you a non muslim. There are other consequences but you're too clearly ignorant to know
    sorry how have i done this? she doesn't give a sensible answer shes just repeating her words. please don't act like an arrogant muslim i am a muslim also and i dont agree with all things so be respectful and dont hold yourself so highly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    no one says it makes you a non muslim. There are other consequences but you're too clearly ignorant to know
    @MiszshorTea786 did... Read all of the thread before saying that :sigh:

The 'you're too ignorant to know' is parroted by countless people too many times.. It doesn't add to the conversation at all, and is just a way of stalling, or avoiding a discussion.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    @MiszshorTea786 did... Read all of the thread before saying that :sigh:

The 'you're too ignorant to know' is parroted by countless people too many times.. It doesn't add to the conversation at all, and is just a way of stalling, or avoiding a discussion.
    Sorry? I don't understand how I suddenly got involved here.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Sorry? I don't understand how I suddenly got involved here.
    Read the first line of what Angry Bird said. He said no one said that a woman marrying a Non-Muslim renders her Non-Muslim , and I said you said that, did you not?..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Read the first line of what Angry Bird said. He said no one said that a woman marrying a Non-Muslim renders her Non-Muslim , and I said you said that, did you not?..
    Oh right thanks for the explanation.

Yes, angrybird I'm sorry you have a misunderstanding, however I did not state such.

ReputationRep:
    Listen you bitter attention seeker, LOL at yourself and stop posting your hateful views here and ruining my thread when no one asked you. If you can answer the OP, do so otherwise shut up and get out.
    Well I guess we know who reported it 😂

I laugh at myself regularly, nobody's perfect and it's a healthy thing to be able to do. My views aren't hateful, they're valid opinions based on a mountain of evidence.

Threads evolve and don't always stick to exactly the original topic. You choose to follow a religion, back up your choices or question why you have made them. Telling people to "shut up and get out" is just hiding in your echo chamber so you don't have to face reality.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right thanks for the explanation.

Yes, angrybird I'm sorry you have a misunderstanding, however I did not state such.
    "1.) Muslims have to marry within their own religion".

I will explain this point as simple as I can InshaAllah(God-willing!).

A Muslim believes in only the Heavenly disclosed religions all other religions are human made. Nonetheless, that said, in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent.

So she has indirectly left Islam in other words. In essence what would occur from such dealings is that marital relationship will not achieve the love and mercy that is needed in a marital relationship. The outcome of this can also be correlated to divorce in many circumstances.

I do hope you all understand the above, if not please do let me know or please do consult a scholar otherwise.

Thank you. .

??

ReputationRep:
    ??
    Don't bother, she contradicts herself all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_t)
    I'm 23 and honestly have no idea how it'll happen. My family are fine with me finding whoever I want to marry, as long as he's a Muslim (which I also want him to be).

I'm just sort of hoping I'll bump into someone one day but that's appearing increasingly unlikely. I know plenty of Muslim guys and live in an area with alot of Muslims but have yet to come across someone I like. It sounds like i'm up myself but the quality of men around where I live is really quite poor and i'd rather stay alone than lower my standards.

People criticise arranged (not forced) marriages, however, I personally find them rather useful. It's nice having potential 'dates' lined up to consider instead of having to go out there and search for yourself. And I have tried looking myself but am having no luck
    arranged marriages have been the norm also in "Western" culture for centuries, and especially among the upper classes. However, they have become now a thing of the past, and this for many good reasons... people mostly like looking themselves for a suitable partner and being personally responsible for the choice : it's seen as part of becoming adult

of course, being looked after and having someone else doing the hard work has its attraction... but, IMHO it's not worth it

best

(Original post by howitoughttobe)
    Well I guess we know who reported it 😂

I laugh at myself regularly, nobody's perfect and it's a healthy thing to be able to do. My views aren't hateful, they're valid opinions based on a mountain of evidence.

Threads evolve and don't always stick to exactly the original topic. You choose to follow a religion, back up your choices or question why you have made them. Telling people to "shut up and get out" is just hiding in your echo chamber so you don't have to face reality.
    People like you make me believe in God more.
    Go evolve and break rules on another thread. You clearly need get off your high horse because you’ve proven nothing but ignorance. STOP bringing your hate and non constructive posts here. You’re the one who started ruin this thread which is usual for bitter atheists. If you really want answers,go do your own research using authentic sources and analysing the reasons behind them.

Thanks for ruining my thread attention seeker.

Can the Muslims stop responding if it’s not relevant and report smh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ??
    Sorry, I was not aware of what post you were referring to.

Should have asked but thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for answering. What culture are you from? If you mind me asking.
    No probs
    I'm Indian

ReputationRep:
    "1.) Muslims have to marry within their own religion

I will explain this point as simple as I can InshaAllah(God-willing!).

A Muslim believes in only the Heavenly disclosed religions all other religions are human made. Nonetheless, that said, in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent.

So she has indirectly left Islam in other words. In essence what would occur from such dealings is that marital relationship will not achieve the love and mercy that is needed in a marital relationship. The outcome of this can also be correlated to divorce in many circumstances.

I do hope you all understand the above, if not please do let me know or please do consult a scholar otherwise.

Thank you
    No, I don't understand. What does it even mean, that "in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent" ? what is a "female religion" ? why would the woman's religion disappear, if she marries e.g. a Christian ? Christians don't ask their wives to convert and normally do not impose their religion on the children disregarding their wives' wishes

So, this simply illustrates the antiquated position of subordination occupied by Muslim women within marriage : since the husband is called the "amir of the household", it is expected from him that he will impose his will (and his religion) on the rest of the family

Well, if this has been perhaps true in the past, it doesn't work like that anymore in our societies : and the wife is now an equal "amiress" in our households. So, I would say that by now this limitation has become an untenable and backwards discrimination

best
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    It wasn't a compliment. You know it wasn't, and I wasn't talking to you. Your constant refusal to be constructive in a discussion means I won't be engaging in discussion with you again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    No, I don't understand. What does it even mean, that "in regards to a Muslim women marrying a Christian or a Jew, a constituent of this would be that the female religion would now be non-existent" ? what is a "female religion" ? why would the woman's religion disappear, if she marries e.g. a Christian ? Christians don't ask their wives to convert and normally do not impose their religion on the children disregarding their wives' wishes

So, this simply illustrates the antiquated position of subordination occupied by Muslim women within marriage : since the husband is called the "amir of the household", it is expected from him that he will impose his will (and his religion) on the rest of the family

Well, if this has been perhaps true in the past, it doesn't work like that anymore in our societies : and the wife is now an equal "amiress" in our households. So, I would say that by now this limitation has become an untenable and backwards discrimination

best
    You put my thoughts in words better than I could have. Thank you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.