Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

If anyone in the DELC at Lancaster could help me out, that would be great!

I'm looking at studying French Studies with Italian in October. From what I understand this isn't a Joint Honours degree, but a Major/Minor degree, and I'll have to choose an extra subject to study in October due to the 'Flexible Study' programme? I found it a bit confusing as I'll be at the same standard in both languages by the time I finish my degree, but it's still classed as maj/min. For comparison, in the 'French Studies and Spanish Studies' course it is possible to take Spanish ab initio.

Also, my understanding is that I'm not allowed to 'split' my year abroad and can only spend it in France. I've found this odd compared to other universities where they have links with Italian unis and are allowed to split the YA. What does this mean for my Italian? Do I have to sort out my own placement in the summer holidays, or does the DELC arrange trips to Italy during the academic year in general?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    These questions are specific enough that you'll be better off contacting the university directly.

University open days

1. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Sep '18
  2. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.