Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pls mark my English language Question 2 paper 1 answer. This is worth 8 marks so it would be much appreciated if u could give me a score as well as improvement comments. Also I am aware that I used “the narrator”too much as at the start of the question it gives me his name so that was my mistake. How does the writer use language here to describe the narrator’s fright and confusion? You could include the writer’s choice of: • words and phrases • language features and techniques • sentence forms Firstly the writer uses the repeated rhetorical questions to show that the narrator is confused as he is unsure of himself. He asks himself “What was it?” which shows that he is unsure of what he is looking at showing he is baffled at the sight. He also may be frightened as he isn’t fully sure what he is looking at, therefore it could be harmful. The reader may feel sympathy for the narrator as he could be looking at something dangerous Secondly the writer uses the semantic field of violence when he describes the animals as “dangerous” and “ wild”. This suggests that the animals could harm the narrator as “dangerous” connotes death. Also the narrator may feel confused as he doesn’t know why the animals may be “dangerous” and “wild”. The reader may feel frightened for the narrator as he may be in a deadly situation The writer uses the onomatopoeia “shrieking” to describe what the narrator heard monkeys doing. This suggests that the narrator may be very confused as he is unsure of why they are shrieking. He also may be scared at the fact that they are crying out. The verb “shrieking” connotes crying which could further scare the narrator as something terrible may have occurred with the monkeys. Alternatively, this could show that the monkeys have been hurt which could indicate that the narrator may be harmed too making him scared even more.

ReputationRep:
    5/6
    This is a good answer, I would make sure to use specific techniques and follow a clearer structure when writing eg, Point Evidence Analysis Reader Link, or PEARL for short. You should analyse quotes and really zoom in on them. Also vary your quotes, for Q2, I would maybe pick 3 techniques in the text that help to answer the question and zoom in on them a lot.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PU_Student)
    5/6
    This is a good answer, I would make sure to use specific techniques and follow a clearer structure when writing eg, Point Evidence Analysis Reader Link, or PEARL for short. You should analyse quotes and really zoom in on them. Also vary your quotes, for Q2, I would maybe pick 3 techniques in the text that help to answer the question and zoom in on them a lot.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks again. Check out my next questions which I’ll do a Q4 paragraph. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE English Language. Can anyone mark my English Language Question 5/6 (Paper 2). This is worth 40 marks. Also I want to know what grade it is.
    —————
    Good morning!

Although, today is as to Aid Charity that works poor countries helping those who are victims regardless of religion and races. I work for Aid Charity and want you people to donate money, goods or whatever for poor people in order to improve their lives. As they literally have been suffered brutal, appalling, and distressed feelings for years, how unfair and ruthless is this? So we all should provide our positive love, support and dignity for poor people through helping them!

Have you seen the state of poor people? Could you manage with your life if you were one of them? Let me get straight to the point: poor people don’t have anything urgent (such as food, drinks, houses, medicines). They wear disgusting, dishevelled, and disordered clothes; but we can luckily afford to buy anything we want or need! But they can’t! Poor people don’t have houses, but they have to stay outdoors feeling cold or hot (depends on weather conditions). Too many poor people are violently ravenous due to the fact they are in desperate need of food and drinks; however we should offer them some delicious food and drinks. Look, we are all lucky for everything we have but they are not! So sad and emotional.

Secondly, just imagine living in a poor country otherwise we won’t be regretting how poor people feel and think. Living in the poor country is drastically difficult to manage to do anything which poor people generally do their daily routines! Everyday, everyday, everyday they have too much negative, depressing and stressful thoughts, perhaps due to the fact they lose their loved ones, they loathe their lives, also they think it is unfair that there are people that luckily have everything out there!

Finally, poor victims find it really tough to bear brutal illnesses; as they don’t have anyone to help. 85% of poor people died a few months ago due to horrible health conditions and difficult illnesses they could not manage to recover themselves. As they were not on medications. Also it is due to the fact that they had unsatisfactory food, though rather than they had to drink unclean, unhealthy weather which affected them. Sorrowful and heartbroken, I am utterly sympathetic towards them with their unmanageable and arduous lives! Can you just feel such empathy for me when I am very upset about poor victims? So awful.

In summary, I truly hope you agree what I want from you! Desperately, I want you people to help me to improve poor people’s lives. I firmly believe that donating money, goods or whatever for them is such an impressive and interesting idea, as it could make a huge difference to their lives!

Thank you for listening.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2018

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.