Turn on thread page Beta

Is this a conflict of interest? (ADVICE PLEASE) watch

ReputationRep:
    So I’m looking for a tutor to boost my grade in a subject.

Still in school. Found a tutor from a website that wasn’t compatible with my learning needs. My mum thinks I should email one of my teachers at school politely and explain that I’m just wanting some extra guidance as I’m looking to go on and study said subject... and if they know of any school staff/external people that would be up to do some private tuition an hour a week

I’m fine with this, I maybe think it would be better to have a teacher that you already know, but then I briefly wondered if it’s not allowed or if it’s crossing a boundary to tutor a pupil at your school privately? Has anyone any experience with this/thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ethistu7)
    So I’m looking for a tutor to boost my grade in a subject.

Still in school. Found a tutor from a website that wasn’t compatible with my learning needs. My mum thinks I should email one of my teachers at school politely and explain that I’m just wanting some extra guidance as I’m looking to go on and study said subject... and if they know of any school staff/external people that would be up to do some private tuition an hour a week

I’m fine with this, I maybe think it would be better to have a teacher that you already know, but then I briefly wondered if it’s not allowed or if it’s crossing a boundary to tutor a pupil at your school privately? Has anyone any experience with this/thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Youd have to ask the schools rules. probably not allowed on school premises, but they may be allowed to be a private tutor. they should give you some help free, ut they have hundreds of pupils. just ask a teacher you trust whether theres an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Your teachers probably won't help you as they have enough work and frankly you're unlikely to pay enough to make it worth their while. Plus, yes, it is a conflict of interest. However they might be able to recommend you some people who they know.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.