Shaanv
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys can anyone have a look at question 8 part c.

I went with way 2 however way 1 on mark scheme seems a lot simpler so i was hoping someone could explain why they did what they did. If i were to replicate this method for another similar question would i always get a correct answer or is there something unique about this question.

[link] http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...P3 Edexcel.pdf[/link]-Paper

[link] http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...P3 Edexcel.pdf[/link]-Markscheme

Thanks

Edit: so by working backwards ive deduced that the normal to both of the planes normals gives the direction of the line of intersection.

This is because the normal to the normal to both planes must be perpendicular to both the two planes.

Is this correct?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shaanv)
Edit: so by working backwards ive deduced that the normal to both of the planes normals gives the direction of the line of intersection.

This is because the normal to the normal to both planes must be perpendicular to both the two planes.

Is this correct?
Thats right. Though I dont follow your ‘because’

Its simply because the the normal to the two normals must be a vector parallel to both planes. This is precisely the line of intersection. All that’s needed after is just getting a single point the line must pass through, ie a single point on both planes.
Shaanv
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by RDKGames)
Thats right. Though I dont follow your ‘because’

Its simply because the the normal to the two normals must be a vector parallel to both planes. This is precisely the line of intersection. All that’s needed after is just getting a single point the line must pass through, ie a single point on both planes.
Thanks a bunch.I was trying to say what u said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads