Turn on thread page Beta

Cambridge Clinical years funding watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I recently got my offer to study medicine at Cambridge for 2018 entry which obviously I’m absolutely the thrilled about, I just wanted to know a little more about the financials of clinical years because they are shrouded in mystery on the website (slightly!)

Does anyone know if clinical years are much more expensive than pre-clinical years in terms of accommodation - I know the University provides accommodation for placement which is “free”; but during this time do we still pay rent at our colleges at the standard rate or is it subsidised slightly due to us not actually living there?

Thank you.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 333a)
    Hey everyone,
    I recently got my offer to study medicine at Cambridge for 2018 entry which obviously I’m absolutely the thrilled about, I just wanted to know a little more about the financials of clinical years because they are shrouded in mystery on the website (slightly!)

Does anyone know if clinical years are much more expensive than pre-clinical years in terms of accommodation - I know the University provides accommodation for placement which is “free”; but during this time do we still pay rent at our colleges at the standard rate or is it subsidised slightly due to us not actually living there?

Thank you.
    Hi 333a,

We would not be able to advise on this, you should contact your accommodation provider and they could advise you on this.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.