Turn on thread page Beta

Help - how to deal with my bestfriend's relationship? watch

So my best friend has recently got back together with her boyfriend and the way she's behaving is really bugging me. She only wants to talk about him and how 'cute' he is and she gives waaaay to much information about the physical stuff that makes me kinda uncomfortable. When we are together she is constantly texting him, even though she hates it when others are on their phone when she's trying to talk. I don't mean to be the salty single bestfriend but honestly I feel like its putting a lot of strain on our friendship.
    How do I tell her I don't always want to hear about their relationship (especially the parts that are a bit tmi) without hurting her feelings? she's pretty sensitive so I wouldn't want her to feel like she can never talk about him
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my best friend has recently got back together with her boyfriend and the way she's behaving is really bugging me. She only wants to talk about him and how 'cute' he is and she gives waaaay to much information about the physical stuff that makes me kinda uncomfortable. When we are together she is constantly texting him, even though she hates it when others are on their phone when she's trying to talk. I don't mean to be the salty single bestfriend but honestly I feel like its putting a lot of strain on our friendship.
    How do I tell her I don't always want to hear about their relationship (especially the parts that are a bit tmi) without hurting her feelings? she's pretty sensitive so I wouldn't want her to feel like she can never talk about him
    Pick your moment, but just tell her when shes out with you she goes on about her bf a lot and it would be nice if you could talk about other things as it makes you feel like a spare part and as though you are a stop gap until she can be with bf again. No harm in saying it makes you feel awkward as some of the stuff should between them. Say it with a smile and a nice way or just see less of her. If you really are friends then she should appreciate honesty and if her behaviour causes you issues.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.