Turn on thread page Beta

Is doing this sport worth the risk if im not going to get anywhere? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im female in my 30’s and have always been good at physical activity, have had strength and a bit of speed etc (unfortunately no stamina though) even though im only 5ft, though not enough to be very good. I just to do hurdles in competition but have never trained regularly. Im thinking of starting training again just to be the best i can at them maybe compete in a few club competitions. I may as well as ive not had kids lol. I could just practice them on my own as no one else at my athletic club does them. Part of me is worried about getting injured though i worry that if I train my bestat them I’l tear my acl etc then you need surgery and pretty much have problems for life. Is it worth the risk if Im not really going to get anywhere or win many competitions? I feel ive wasted my life a bit though by not doing much i want to achieve something even if its just to be good at something : /

ReputationRep:
    Will the sport make you happy? If yes, then go ahead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    honestly you could tear your ACL falling funny or going for a jog... not every hurdler will tear it... if you love the sport then do it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you like the sport do it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.