The Student Room Group

Should I go on the date?

So a friend introduced me to a girl and I got her contact details. I messaged her. We spoke for a bit and I asked her out. She agreed eventually but did say she fell out with my friend because he was rude to her.

My friend called me and told me how she is a ***** etc and he wants me to cancel the date and saying if I don't I'm.a backstabber and my true character is revealed that I choose p***sy over a friend. I don't want to be involved really. I just wanted to go on a chilled out date

Is it morally unacceptable for me to go on the planned date or do I cancel?
How's he going to know if you went on the date?
Do you know why they fell out? Also doesn't sound like a great friend if he's trying to force you to cancel-almost seems a bit jealous.
Do what you want to do, I'd go on the date but just not mention it
Reply 2
I don't see why the date affects him. How close are you with this friend?

Tell him that he was the one to introduce you to her and that his fall out with this girl is nothing to do with you. He's being unreasonable by getting you involved.
Reply 3
Original post by AzureCeleste
How's he going to know if you went on the date?
Do you know why they fell out? Also doesn't sound like a great friend if he's trying to force you to cancel-almost seems a bit jealous.
Do what you want to do, I'd go on the date but just not mention it

Word may get around. They see each other all the time because they go to the same gym. Yeah it's a stupid reason. He complimented her and somehow she told the girl he is dating which caused them to break things off.so basically he tried hooking me up with her and beavuse by him trying to break the ice by complimenting her by saying I would have liked yours pics but he has gf.

So that backfired on him so that's why I feel bad if I do go because him trying to hook me up cost him his casual relationship. Dilemma
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
I don't see why the date affects him. How close are you with this friend?

Tell him that he was the one to introduce you to her and that his fall out with this girl is nothing to do with you. He's being unreasonable by getting you involved.

Not that close. Was first time I seem him in a year. We just talk on the phone. Can u see my above comment pl
Reply 5
Bump.. I need more advice please :frown:
Somebody who threatens your friendship over a casual date isn't a "friend" worth worrying about. If you want to go, go.
Reply 7
Original post by Checkbabe
Not that close. Was first time I seem him in a year. We just talk on the phone. Can u see my above comment pl

Hmm. Was he flirting with this girl though or did he simply just acknowledge that she's pretty? If it was the former then he shouldn't be doing that and I'm not surprised that he tried to cover up his tracks by getting you involved.
If I were you I would go on the date.
It's hard to act "rude" to a girl you like or want to ask on a date, and your friend was indeed rude to the point where she couldn't handle it and fell out with him. That shows 1) that girl has good standards, and so chances are she is a good person 2) your friend is a p***sy who can't even treat a person right for like what a few days or weeks.
Also, your friend is the one that introduced you to that girl, so in normal circumstances, he should be fine with you two going out. Swearing at you and making you choose between him and that girl is not only childish, but also in a sense "rude". I don't see a point in keeping him as a friend, unless he apologizes for his chidish actions.
Hope this helps in your decision.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Hmm. Was he flirting with this girl though or did he simply just acknowledge that she's pretty? If it was the former then he shouldn't be doing that and I'm not surprised that he tried to cover up his tracks by getting you involved.

No, he was just complimenting her to give her a confidence boost. apparenrly she has really low self esteem and it's just his way to break the ice and to talk a bit more to us
Do what you think is right at heart. If you really love the girl go out with her and there isnt really any need for you other friend to get involded. At the end of the day its you life. Your decision.
Reply 11
Original post by TheDevil
Do what you think is right at heart. If you really love the girl go out with her and there isnt really any need for you other friend to get involded. At the end of the day its you life. Your decision.

I don't love the girl lol. Barely even know her. Just spoke for 5 mins or so in person
Oh sorry. If you want to know her get to know her then if you want. Dont let your other friend shouldnt really hold you back.
Them falling out and you dating the girl are two separate situations, he can't dictate that you don't date her just because he doesn't like her anymore
Go, **** him. You may get pussy ya' know bro
Hahaha get a new friend. He's a **** block
Original post by Checkbabe
So a friend introduced me to a girl and I got her contact details. I messaged her. We spoke for a bit and I asked her out. She agreed eventually but did say she fell out with my friend because he was rude to her.

My friend called me and told me how she is a ***** etc and he wants me to cancel the date and saying if I don't I'm.a backstabber and my true character is revealed that I choose p***sy over a friend. I don't want to be involved really. I just wanted to go on a chilled out date

Is it morally unacceptable for me to go on the planned date or do I cancel?

go on date
get rid of friend
think no more on the matter
best of luck chum, u got this

Quick Reply

Latest