Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I'm female, 5'4'' and I think I'm 11 stone (haven't weighed myself in years). I have a small waist and a big bum so would like to define those two things the most; I'd also love to be stronger in general too.

I'm wanting to start weight lifting but I'm quite intimidated by the weights area and I have no idea what to do or where to start. Does anyone have any tips to get started?

ReputationRep:
    Start with your own body weight first till you are comfortable with lifting your own weight then progress to the actual weights.

So you might want to start doing some squats or press ups with no equipment then when you begin to improve start on the weights.

If you are still intimidated, select the smaller weights and do longer reps-this will increase your muscular endurance more than strength but it is a good way for you to become comfortable with the weights.

Gradually progress higher up the weight scale till you get onto the heavier weights where you should do less reps at higher intensity-this will increase your strength

I hope this helps you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAngely)
    Hi there

I'm female, 5'4'' and I think I'm 11 stone (haven't weighed myself in years). I have a small waist and a big bum so would like to define those two things the most; I'd also love to be stronger in general too.

I'm wanting to start weight lifting but I'm quite intimidated by the weights area and I have no idea what to do or where to start. Does anyone have any tips to get started?
    I sent you a routine in your private messages
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Read the FAQ

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.