Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have a little problem with my name, on my birth certificate my name was misspelt with 1 L instead of 2, which means my passport also has 1 L. for pretty much everything else in my life such as my gcse and as certificates and my ucas details i have used 2 L's . i was going to open a bank account recenly but i was told there would be some trouble because of my name, so i have held back from applying for student finance. would it be fine to still apply for student finance with two L's and when i sort out my name with deed poll and get my bank card, update that information?

Also, when is the deadline for applying because i dont want to delay it so much thati miss my chance.

ReputationRep:
    bump
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dwdw)
    i have a little problem with my name, on my birth certificate my name was misspelt with 1 L instead of 2, which means my passport also has 1 L. for pretty much everything else in my life such as my gcse and as certificates and my ucas details i have used 2 L's . i was going to open a bank account recenly but i was told there would be some trouble because of my name, so i have held back from applying for student finance. would it be fine to still apply for student finance with two L's and when i sort out my name with deed poll and get my bank card, update that information?

Also, when is the deadline for applying because i dont want to delay it so much thati miss my chance.
    Hi dwdw,

You can still make an application just now then sent in the change of name evidence when this has been sorted and we can update this, application deadline is Up to 9 months after the start of the academic year.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    alright thanks.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.