Turn on thread page Beta

Does she still like me even after all this watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we started hanging out together for a while as a group. Initially, I didn't speak much to this girl as I felt that she wasn't my type. However, as the days went by I was so wrong and in fact found that we had so much in common. I did have feelings for her and she had feelings for me, which I later found out from my mutual friend and her friend. It wasn't until one of her own friends asked me about the prospects of dating her to which I said at the time that I wasn't ready for a relationship.

I did later go on a "date" with this girl and did explain to her nicely that I didn't want to break her heart. Told her I would greatly disappoint her if I was her boyfriend, but I feel that even after accepting me as a friend, she sees me more than a friend. She called me handsome for example, even after she knew I'm off limits. A part of me still likes her, but I just feel I can't commit to a relationship right now, its very early days. I didn't like the fact that she wanted to know a lot about my life and that she wasn't willing to tell me much of hers.

The thing is, I have stopped messaging people even this girl for a couple of days to sort out other problems. But I think she still likes me as she keeps telling me what she wants to see in a person and told me I am handsome. How should I proceed?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by gurdor)
    Hi,

I recently met a girl through a mutual friend and we started hanging out together for a while as a group. Initially, I didn't speak much to this girl as I felt that she wasn't my type. However, as the days went by I was so wrong and in fact found that we had so much in common. I did have feelings for her and she had feelings for me, which I later found out from my mutual friend and her friend. It wasn't until one of her own friends asked me about the prospects of dating her to which I said at the time that I wasn't ready for a relationship.

I did later go on a "date" with this girl and did explain to her nicely that I didn't want to break her heart. Told her I would greatly disappoint her if I was her boyfriend, but I feel that even after accepting me as a friend, she sees me more than a friend. She called me handsome for example, even after she knew I'm off limits. A part of me still likes her, but I just feel I can't commit to a relationship right now, its very early days. I didn't like the fact that she wanted to know a lot about my life and that she wasn't willing to tell me much of hers.

The thing is, I have stopped messaging people even this girl for a couple of days to sort out other problems. But I think she still likes me as she keeps telling me what she wants to see in a person and told me I am handsome. How should I proceed?
    Are you ready for a relationship now? If it's been a few days then it should be fine. It's not like you've completely cut her off for months.

I suggest asking her out on a date again. It would be good to reach out to her and to perhaps to get the ball rolling again. You don't have to enter a relationship at this stage but just keep going on dates.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I agree with UWS are you now ready for a relationship? I mean you seem like a respectable guy I can't really advise you on what you shoud do? Thing is it's your choice. To me it seems like a cute a*s couple in the works. You can always keep your relationship a secret like an inner circle type ting I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringAccount)
    yeah, I agree with UWS are you now ready for a relationship? I mean you seem like a respectable guy I can't really advise you on what you shoud do? Thing is it's your choice. To me it seems like a cute a*s couple in the works. You can always keep your relationship a secret like an inner circle type ting I guess.
    Yeah I guess so. It's earlier days and I guess you need to know someone PROPERLY before committing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.