Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m currently studying maths, economics, physics and history. I thought I wanted to study economics at university. Though I’m questioning whether I have a great enough interest. That being said, I’m not sure what I would do instead. Any help on this situation.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by H.g.23)
    Hey, I’m currently studying maths, economics, physics and history. I thought I wanted to study economics at university. Though I’m questioning whether I have a great enough interest. That being said, I’m not sure what I would do instead. Any help on this situation.
    Research more options. Could be generic like maths, A&F, Computer Science, or do surf science or education or criminology or loads of things l. Faster days are good to go to.

For economics, have a look at uni level macro/micro notes and see if it remotely sounds interesting. Or look at other units you study in an exon degree and see if they too are interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.g.23)
    Do management/ business management. You can choose your modules in the second year to get a degree : example like in management and finance, management and marketing, management and economics. You will get a better understand of what your good at and enjoy in your first year. Then you can choose accordingly the modules in the second year and your degree will show the results accordingly 👍. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. I’m really hoping to go on at least one of the summer schools I’ve applied for, so that I can gage an idea about whether economics is the course for me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.