Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really like research about human brain. I live in London and really like to stay here for study. But UCL ,Kings College and high ranking unis do not accept me as i tried before. The only option is Westminster, MidSex and Goldsmith. I donno what to do. Honestly i dont want to wast time and life and after just regret about unis Ranking! I see Sussex got a really good projects in Cognitive and Neuroscience but i want to stay in London. Does it really the case where i get my Degree. Also has anyone finish Psychology Neuroscience in GoldSmith, is there a good ground in there for this field?
    I really fed up!!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey there,

It's true, we're not quite as highly regarded as those universities. What I can vouch for is that at Goldsmiths you'd get a BPS accredited programme, a department where all staff members teach, and where undergraduate students have been included and involved in published research projects.

Furthermore, if you apply for and gain a place on one of the work placement programmes (an extra year), you could be graduating with a good degree *and* relevant experience in the field. If you are interested in working in this field in the long-term that could be more valuable than psychology degrees in some of the most reputable universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London)
    Hey there,

It's true, we're not quite as highly regarded as those universities. What I can vouch for is that at Goldsmiths you'd get a BPS accredited programme, a department where all staff members teach, and where undergraduate students have been included and involved in published research projects.

Furthermore, if you apply for and gain a place on one of the work placement programmes (an extra year), you could be graduating with a good degree *and* relevant experience in the field. If you are interested in working in this field in the long-term that could be more valuable than psychology degrees in some of the most reputable universities.
    Hi there,

I will study MSc cognitive and clinical neuroscience at Goldsmiths this year. However i did not find this programme as being accredited by the BPS in their website. also, you mentioned that there is the possibility of applying for a work placement programme. could you please explain more? is the work placement programme for msc cognitive clinical neuroscience students? Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

The BPS accreditation and the work placement apply to our BSc programmes in psychology.

I'm not actually sure about the MSc programmes. I recommend contacting the department about that! https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-cognit...-neuroscience/

(Original post by Jessica759565)
    Hi there,

I will study MSc cognitive and clinical neuroscience at Goldsmiths this year. However i did not find this programme as being accredited by the BPS in their website. also, you mentioned that there is the possibility of applying for a work placement programme. could you please explain more? is the work placement programme for msc cognitive clinical neuroscience students? Thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 4, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.