Turn on thread page Beta

How satisfied are you with your appearance when you look into the mirror? watch

I have this friend who is an attractive guy but he's always looking in the mirror picking out any flaws he can and he says he isn't attractive enough. Why is this?

8/10
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Probably 5/10. I have so much to work on😫

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy, could be something small like low self esteem/self confidence or a big problem like self loathing or disorders like BDD (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/body-dysmorphia/).
    As for the title question like 4/10, but I can fix many of my flaws so it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    a solid 5/7

3/10... Can't change anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I am fine with my face. I know I can't change it so I think positively, there's no point in finding faults that you can't fix normally. (Plastic surgery does not count, it is expensive.)

Now if you asked someone else to give a rating for my face it would probably be low but it all depends on the person.

Hideous but cannot change my appearence. i avoid mirrors.

Without makeup I'm a little unsatisfied because I have really dark circles which can't exactly be fixed and my eyes don't stand out that much. With concealer and mascara (and often much more e.g. eyeliner) I'm generally pretty satisfied. Of course there are things I'd ideally change like bigger lips, slimmer nose, longer eyelashes but because I'm mixed with a lot of things I like that I look a bit different. I don't know how well I'll age though, I don't think my features are striking enough.

i actually think i look really handsome in the mirror...and then i see myself in photos and hate myself

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Can't remember the last time I felt satisfied lol.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    -10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    I am fine with my face. I know I can't change it so I think positively, there's no point in finding faults that you can't fix normally. (Plastic surgery does not count, it is expensive.)

Now if you asked someone else to give a rating for my face it would probably be low but it all depends on the person.
    fillers are cheap (fairly) - thats for a girl though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelike1)
    fillers are cheap (fairly) - thats for a girl though
    Yes, but why do people need these things? I mean not everyone likes whatever people are doing to their faces. If you do it for you then that is fine but if you do it to attract people then you are doing it all wrong. If people wouldn't go out with someone because of their face then that person is not for them.

ReputationRep:
    I’m satisfied because I don’t want to waste my time thinking negatively about my face/appearance. Idc if I look ugly or whatever to others. All praise belongs to Allah/God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Yes, but why do people need these things? I mean not everyone likes whatever people are doing to their faces. If you do it for you then that is fine but if you do it to attract people then you are doing it all wrong. If people wouldn't go out with someone because of their face then that person is not for them.
    dude relax - i was just referring to your point about plastic surgery being expensive lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelike1)
    dude relax - i was just referring to your point about plastic surgery being expensive lol
    I know. If you thought I was angrily writing a response to say your wrong or something I was not. I was just writing why I feel it is unnecessary to get plastic surgery. (Unless you really want to or if you have been a victim of some sort of attack or something that has damaged your face badly like acid or fire.)

(Original post by h333)
    I’m satisfied because I don’t want to waste my time thinking negatively about my face/appearance. Idc if I look ugly or whatever to others. All praise belongs to Allah/God.
    But you’re not ugly.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Right now, not satisfied at all.

On a good day... meh, I could be worse. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Usually pretty happy but today, I've carb loaded and I went overboard and now I'm really bloated and not happy at all. Fasting all day tomorrow yay :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.