Turn on thread page Beta

I have 2 a levels that i need to catch up on along with gcse maths. Gcse maths there are over 200 topics and its in 2 months. How will i be able to do all of this and make notes and revise for my a levels? I have many regrets of not making notes earlier but what can i do now? I need to pass this year and i need b’s in my a levels!! They all start in May!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have 2 a levels that i need to catch up on along with gcse maths. Gcse maths there are over 200 topics and its in 2 months. How will i be able to do all of this and make notes and revise for my a levels? I have many regrets of not making notes earlier but what can i do now? I need to pass this year and i need b’s in my a levels!! They all start in May!
    Um, gcse maths does not have 200 topics....

ReputationRep:
    I do 5 alevels and even with playing games half a week I can cope with getting predicted AABB for AS. I think you can survive

(Original post by Sanjith Hegde123)
    Um, gcse maths does not have 200 topics....
    100 topics or something

ReputationRep:
    There is probably not even 200 sentences in a GCSE maths paper nevermind 200 topics overall. I would recommend doing something similar to me if it works for you. What I am doing is 2 hours per day for each subject. (so I am doing 2 hours of maths and 2 hours chem.)
    Day 1: Core 1 maths and chem paper 1
    Day2: Maths core 3 and chem paper 2
    Day3: Maths core 4 and chem paper 1
    Day4: Maths decision 1 and chem paper 2
    Day5: Maths recap/questions and chem paper 3 and recap.

This is my structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    100 topics or something
    There's about 70 distinct topics in gcse maths edexcel, if you keep working but remain consistent you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    IIRC about 400 years worth of experience. So until we can hack our bodies to achieve radical longevity your brain should have the capacity to remember every event that occurs in your life.

GCSE maths is easy you could learn all the content in 20-40 hours depending on your mathematical aptitude. Because maths is a priori knowledge a lot of the topics are linked.

ReputationRep:
    I am by no means a psychologist but did study this at A level and have had lectures on it relating to our course

The brain actually has no definable limit in terms of its long term capacity. Studies have been conducted but so far there is no evidence of a maximum capacity being found. The real difficulty is the conversion from short term memory into long term. Short term you can only remember a few chunks of information but you can relay this into long term memory through hard work and enthusiasm.

(Original post by monkeyman0121)
    There is probably not even 200 sentences in a GCSE maths paper nevermind 200 topics overall. I would recommend doing something similar to me if it works for you. What I am doing is 2 hours per day for each subject. (so I am doing 2 hours of maths and 2 hours chem.)
    Day 1: Core 1 maths and chem paper 1
    Day2: Maths core 3 and chem paper 2
    Day3: Maths core 4 and chem paper 1
    Day4: Maths decision 1 and chem paper 2
    Day5: Maths recap/questions and chem paper 3 and recap.

This is my structure.
    2 hours a day isn’t enough for me

(Original post by Hirsty97)
    IIRC about 400 years worth of experience. So until we can hack our bodies to achieve radical longevity your brain should have the capacity to remember every event that occurs in your life.

GCSE maths is easy you could learn all the content in 20-40 hours depending on your mathematical aptitude. Because maths is a priori knowledge a lot of the topics are linked.
    Gcse maths is not easy. I find it very hard and the amount you have to learn is overwhelming for just 20 questions

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.