The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin university - Art courses: What's it like?

Would you recommend Anglia Ruskin University for an art student?
I've heard mixed opinions about this university but most of them are related to courses such as business, sociology, etc. To me Anglia Ruskin looked very interesting and I was thinking of applying for an art course, but I'm scared it won't be as good as I expect it to be. Do you have any opinions on the art courses at this university? Have you checked the art modules ARU has to offer? What are their facilities are like?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by VaniaC13
Would you recommend Anglia Ruskin University for an art student?
I've heard mixed opinions about this university but most of them are related to courses such as business, sociology, etc. To me Anglia Ruskin looked very interesting and I was thinking of applying for an art course, but I'm scared it won't be as good as I expect it to be. Do you have any opinions on the art courses at this university?

I'll move this to the Anglia Ruskin subforum and I'll edit the title slightly to add more context :borat:

Have you checked the art modules ARU has to offer? What their facilities are like? Might be a starting point.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'll move this to the Anglia Ruskin subforum and I'll edit the title slightly to add more context :borat:

Have you checked the art modules ARU has to offer? What their facilities are like? Might be a starting point.

Ah okay thank you! I'm new to this site so I don't really know what I'm doing ahaha.
Hi there,
I am currently a student on an art course (illustration) at Anglia Ruskin. I can highly recommend looking into ARU as an option if your'e interested in studying an art subject. Cambridge School of Art has an immense wealth of facilities, from 3d workshop to fully stocked printmaking department- and these are open to anyone studying an art subject. The school itself is very accessible and welcoming. It is home to the Ruskin Gallery where outside artists/alumni/ touring exhibitions are held which is very inspiring to have on campus. I am in my 2nd year now and am having such a great time learning here.
The link below will direct you to the CSA webpage- recommend checking out your subject area.
Hope this was helpful
Reply 4
Original post by LaurenEmily12
Hi there,
I am currently a student on an art course (illustration) at Anglia Ruskin. I can highly recommend looking into ARU as an option if your'e interested in studying an art subject. Cambridge School of Art has an immense wealth of facilities, from 3d workshop to fully stocked printmaking department- and these are open to anyone studying an art subject. The school itself is very accessible and welcoming. It is home to the Ruskin Gallery where outside artists/alumni/ touring exhibitions are held which is very inspiring to have on campus. I am in my 2nd year now and am having such a great time learning here.
The link below will direct you to the CSA webpage- recommend checking out your subject area.
Hope this was helpful

Ahhh thank you sm this was very helpful! Im actually very interested in Anglia Ruskin but some bad reviews made me question it, could I ask you what do you think of the lessons? Do you think they are helpful and if you don't mind me asking what kind of things do they teach you there?
The lessons (for illustration ) are always really well planned out by the tutors. They are usually structured as briefs (set tasks that will last for a week or so) or crits (informal critique of work to help improve and bounce ideas off of eachother)- this is always so helpful. The briefs we are issued are engaging and wide ranging- previous ones have ranged from book cover design to puppet making! In terms of what we get taught- it is to keep an open mind when approaching image making and to solve problems visually. Hope this was helpful- sad to hear you have read some bad reviews about ARU, my experience has been great so donโ€™t let it put you off
Reply 6
Original post by LaurenEmily12
The lessons (for illustration ) are always really well planned out by the tutors. They are usually structured as briefs (set tasks that will last for a week or so) or crits (informal critique of work to help improve and bounce ideas off of eachother)- this is always so helpful. The briefs we are issued are engaging and wide ranging- previous ones have ranged from book cover design to puppet making! In terms of what we get taught- it is to keep an open mind when approaching image making and to solve problems visually. Hope this was helpful- sad to hear you have read some bad reviews about ARU, my experience has been great so donโ€™t let it put you off

Thank you so much, you've been very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest