Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you attain A/A* grades. What revision methods did you use and what resources/textbooks/websites help. How do i make the most out of this a level. I just need some tips as i am unaware of how to get beyond grade B. Oh and any YouTube channels related to physics would be great. I do aqa.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't taken the a level yet, still in year 12 but some things I find useful are isaacphysics and physics and maths tutor. I make sure I know the key word definitions as there is a decent chunk of marks available for pure recall. Other than that, at the moment for me it's just applying what I know. This is normally past paper questions. Isaacphysics also has a book which I found useful, "Mastering pre-university physics Develop problem solving skills" the questions in it are on the website for free but the book is worth having too (it's 3.50, £1 for book and £2.50 for delivery)
    Tldr - I'm doing past paper questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rarest)
    I haven't taken the a level yet, still in year 12 but some things I find useful are isaacphysics and physics and maths tutor. I make sure I know the key word definitions as there is a decent chunk of marks available for pure recall. Other than that, at the moment for me it's just applying what I know. This is normally past paper questions. Isaacphysics also has a book which I found useful, "Mastering pre-university physics Develop problem solving skills" the questions in it are on the website for free but the book is worth having too (it's 3.50, £1 for book and £2.50 for delivery)
    Tldr - I'm doing past paper questions

Wow thanks so much!! Also about isaac physics does it offer anything else apart from questions like a topic summary or videos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    Wow thanks so much!! Also about isaac physics does it offer anything else apart from questions like a topic summary or videos?
    Isaacphysics does have some videos, bust most of it is just going through questions (useful if you get stuck)
    Flippedaroundphysics is also pretty nice. It has a page oer topic with 1-3 worksheets and some recommended videos. In my honest opinion though, the worksheets can be a bit lacking at times so you would definitely want to do more questions afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rarest)
    Isaacphysics does have some videos, bust most of it is just going through questions (useful if you get stuck)
    Flippedaroundphysics is also pretty nice. It has a page oer topic with 1-3 worksheets and some recommended videos. In my honest opinion though, the worksheets can be a bit lacking at times so you would definitely want to do more questions afterwards.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    How do you attain A/A* grades. What revision methods did you use and what resources/textbooks/websites help. How do i make the most out of this a level. I just need some tips as i am unaware of how to get beyond grade B. Oh and any YouTube channels related to physics would be great. I do aqa.
    Savemyexams.com really good gritty past papers. Maths and physics tutor really good too. Snaprevise is amazing!! How u finding a level physics and what do u find difficult?

ReputationRep:
    I find ALevelPhysicsOnline really helpful, the analogies he uses are great! The year 13 content is £20 for the year but the Year 12 content is completely free.

Would recomend 100%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.